TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 HDD sharing, OPTWARE, DLNA, Torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
(Big Thanks to Marcelo and all the other people who has contribute)

I'm glad to report that following this guide and doing some delicate mods I got this setup working:

Hardware:
    tplink - wdr4300
    Seageate Barracuda 2TB on NTFS Twisted Evil
    Thermaltake xBlack eSATA USB Dock

Software:
    DD-WRT v24-sp2 Release: 03/29/14 (SVN revision: 23838) Twisted Evil
    libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
    opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf3aee3a5b846d-6_ar71xx.ipk
    libc_0.9.30.1-42_ar71xx.ipk
    transmission-daemon_1.92-1_ar71xx.ipk
    transmission-web_1.92-1_ar71xx.ipk

Best Regards.
Sponsor
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys!

I've just update this How-to for the latest build (23838) and I found no errors (even autorunning or libc).

But I found some scripting glitches that could induce people to some "copy-paste-run" mistakes. So, part of the code has been grouped and I hope that will help who had problems.

I order to acomplish it, I suggest clean up a thumbdrive and start over again.

Thank you guys for your precious feedback!

Marcelo.
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
Guys!

I've just update this How-to for the latest build (23838) and I found no errors (even autorunning or libc).

But I found some scripting glitches that could induce people to some "copy-paste-run" mistakes. So, part of the code has been grouped and I hope that will help who had problems.

I order to acomplish it, I suggest clean up a thumbdrive and start over again.

Thank you guys for your precious feedback!

Marcelo.

Good work sir, I've been using MIniDLNA serving up nearly 6500 video files to devices around my house flawlessly for a couple of weeks now. We very much appreciate your continual efforts. thanks.
obs0lete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, great guide! I've been using this for a few weeks now and it is just great!
One question...after following this guide, I am no longer able to use public/private keys via SSH. I always receive a "server rejected key" error. I have tried generating new private/public keys but to no avail. I can use SSH via password but would rather use keys. The keys work on stock dd-wrt install.

Has anyone come across this or have any ideas on how to address this or what might the problem be?
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
obs0lete,

First of all, thank you for your compliments. I'm sure it is extensible to all folks who contributed for its maturity and that includes you.

"Last" of all, this tutorial does affect Linux/DD-WRT file structure, but it is not harmful.

The following is a tip because I'm not sure it is right and I've never worked with SSH keys nor tested it (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Once DD-WRT SSH files (key pair) are on /tmp/root/.ssh, you should handle them on /tmp/mnt/sda2/root/.ssh, because, according to this tutorial, there are bind commands throughout the script (See step 1.2: "mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda2/root /tmp/root"). So, I believe you need to copy your desired files to that directory (sda2).

Marcelo.
obs0lete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
obs0lete,

First of all, thank you for your compliments. I'm sure it is extensible to all folks who contributed for its maturity and that includes you.

"Last" of all, this tutorial does affect Linux/DD-WRT file structure, but it is not harmful.

The following is a tip because I'm not sure it is right and I've never worked with SSH keys nor tested it (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Once DD-WRT SSH files (key pair) are on /tmp/root/.ssh, you should handle them on /tmp/mnt/sda2/root/.ssh, because, according to this tutorial, there are bind commands throughout the script (See step 1.2: "mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda2/root /tmp/root"). So, I believe you need to copy your desired files to that directory (sda2).

Marcelo.

Marcelo, thank you for taking the time to reply! I did try to move the .ssh folder to sda2 bur I still receive the same error. It appears as if /tmp/root is mapped to /tmp/mnt/sda2/root because when I delete files from /tmp/root they are alao gone from /tmp/mnt/sda2/root. Not sure what could be preventing the keys from working :/
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
obs0lete,

I think you have to figure out how to:

1. Preserve those files somewhere else;
2. Get SSH disabled;
3. Copy those files to /tmp/root/.ssh;
4. Then, get SSH enabled.

All of that on Startup Command because you can toggle SSHd on/off without rebooting using Webgui, so you might be able to do the same through command line, thus through Startup Command (perhaps, setting NVRAM variables).

Please see: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/SSH

Marcelo.
obs0lete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
obs0lete,

I think you have to figure out how to:

1. Preserve those files somewhere else;
2. Get SSH disabled;
3. Copy those files to /tmp/root/.ssh;
4. Then, get SSH enabled.

All of that on Startup Command because you can toggle SSHd on/off without rebooting using Webgui, so you might be able to do the same through command line, thus through Startup Command (perhaps, setting NVRAM variables).

Please see: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/SSH

Marcelo.

Marcelo,

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what happened but my original reply did not get posted to the forum.

Anyway, to summarize I did try using nvram variables from the link you provided:

nvram set sshd_authorized_keys='my_private_key'
nvram commit

I added these to the Startup Command but it still was not working.

One thing I'm not sure of however, my .ssh folder already exist in /tmp/root...why would I need to move them out of there to place them back in? Sorry, I am fairly new to dd-wrt so forgive my ignorance if I am doing something completely wrong or not understanding your instructions.

I am able to use SSH via password but would rather use the keys method.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
obs0lete,

I'm afraid to tell I've run out the possibilities, at least for this moment.

But we had the opportunity to discuss this concept: "/tmp/root/.ssh" and "/tmp/sda2/root/.ssh" are bound, and I've misunderstood when I said to copy files between them. Anyway, I meant that any change in one affects the other.

Please continue digging that direction that you may find the answers.

Thank you! Marcelo.
obs0lete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
obs0lete,

But we had the opportunity to discuss this concept: "/tmp/root/.ssh" and "/tmp/sda2/root/.ssh" are bound, and I've misunderstood when I said to copy files between them. Anyway, I meant that any change in one affects the other.

Thank you! Marcelo.

No problem, thanks for your help! If I do come across anything I'll post it.
mjohn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've encountered the same problem after installing the optware. To solve it I copied the public key to file /tmp/root/.ssh/authorized_keys

obs0lete wrote:
msantos2007 wrote:
obs0lete,

Thank you! Marcelo.

obs0lete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
mjohn wrote:
Hi,

I've encountered the same problem after installing the optware. To solve it I copied the public key to file /tmp/root/.ssh/authorized_keys

obs0lete wrote:
msantos2007 wrote:
obs0lete,

Thank you! Marcelo.

Hi mjohn,

Thanks for the reply! I'm 99% sure I copied the .ssh folder to the /tmp/root folder bit am still having the same issues. I'll double check on that and post back.
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just to report that this guide works on wdr4300 with DD-WRT 04-18-2014_r23919 which fix heartbleed vulnerability.

I appreciate if anyone point me the right direction to setup OpenVPN

Regards
cdotro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:15    Post subject: minidlna subtitles Reply with quote
Hi Marcelo, at first, thanks a lot for this instructions. They are great! I could install all without any problem.
The only one trouble is with minidlna subtitles. Is this version 1.0.25 subtitles capable? Have you tested it?
If not, do you know another dlna server for dd-wrt with subtitles support?

Thanks again!

Cheers from Argentina

Cristian
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cristian,

Thank you for your compliments!

MiniDLNA is able to run subtitles (.srt) and it all depends on which DLNA Client you're using.

It works fine on a Samsung DLNA TV, but any success working on any of my Android devices, using DLNA apps.

Remember to keep both subtitles and movie files on the same directory and name, like:

- The.Wolf.of.Wall.Street.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4
- The.Wolf.of.Wall.Street.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.srt
- The Hunger Games (2012) BluRay 1080p 5.1CH x264 Ganool.mkv
- The Hunger Games (2012) BluRay 1080p 5.1CH x264 Ganool.srt

Good matches on the 2014 FIFA World Cup here in Brazil! Wink

Marcelo - Rio de Janeiro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: