Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:05    Post subject: Re: Samba & minidnla problems on AC1450 Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

Kong, I just downloaded and flashed the latest firmware you posted today to my AC1450. The previous non-beta worked fine, but this one, I can't ssh or telnet into the router and neither can I connect to the Web Interface. Do I need to reboot it manually at the device?

My LAN and WAN are working fine as far as I can tell, but I can't access those things after the flash.

Any help guys?
Sponsor
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42    Post subject: Re: Samba & minidnla problems on AC1450 Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Kong, I just downloaded and flashed the latest firmware you posted today to my AC1450. The previous non-beta worked fine, but this one, I can't ssh or telnet into the router and neither can I connect to the Web Interface. Do I need to reboot it manually at the device?

My LAN and WAN are working fine as far as I can tell, but I can't access those things after the flash.

Any help guys?

As an update. I hard reset the router and the newer firmware was up but of course all my settings were gone. I restored my backup settings, and that all worked, but I could not connect to anything outside of my router (so including internet). I couldn't figure out the problem, so I flashed the previous stable firmware from 070714 and now the internet is working again.
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to show how mileage can vary. I also installed the latest and greatest 24710M and its working OK on my R6300v2. Minor problems encountered included the need to power down and back up to complete the install. It did not reboot on its own nor would it reboot using the reboot button in Administration. After it completed the boot the only other problem was that the USB drive did not mount. Unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back solved that issue. All seems OK in the first hour of up time.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48    Post subject: Re: Samba & minidnla problems on AC1450 Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
gaetawoo wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Any help guys?

As an update. I hard reset the router and the newer firmware was up but of course all my settings were gone. I restored my backup settings, and that all worked, but I could not connect to anything outside of my router (so including internet). I couldn't figure out the problem, so I flashed the previous stable firmware from 070714 and now the internet is working again.

There are quite a few changes in the new build, thus you should not restore a save config. I have to add this note in the changelog.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:31    Post subject: Re: Samba & minidnla problems on AC1450 Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

There are quite a few changes in the new build, thus you should not restore a save config. I have to add this note in the changelog.

Thanks, when I feel brave again, I'll try it, I just need to transcribe all my settings!
HalOS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 0:59    Post subject: Re: No Telnet/ssh access Reply with quote
ls1chevelle wrote:
Okay I somehow forgot to mention the fact that I have not been able to gain a shell on the device. I've tried the telnetenable magic trick but I got a 10057 error or something similar...

So the fact that I don't have the means to serial into it at this time. I was hoping to attempt a solution by simply adding/modifying the firmware "supported list" to satisfy or otherwise trick the router into taking the firmware...
I'm sure charter is good for delivery of at least 2 probably 3 "warranty" units before they start to raise an eyebrow...

Did you have any luck in getting a firmware uploaded onto the Charter R6300v2? Having no luck here thus far.
deviation56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:17    Post subject: Slow speeds Reply with quote
Okay so I'm having a weird issue. I have a Netgear AC1450. I flashed dd-wrt.K3_AC1450.chk (from http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/) through the Netgear firmware update interface. Then once dd-wrt was running I flashed
dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_NEWD.bin (from http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/24710M/). And without modifying any settings I cannot get my wired internet speeds above 3mb/s download when they are usually about 90mb/s download. Any ideas?

*edit* how do you remnove DD-WRT and revert back to stock firmware? I have stock firmware downloaded from neatgear and have sucesfully telneted into dd-wrt but dont know where to go from here. Thanks in advance.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32    Post subject: Re: Slow speeds Reply with quote
deviation56 wrote:
Okay so I'm having a weird issue. I have a Netgear AC1450. I flashed dd-wrt.K3_AC1450.chk (from http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/) through the Netgear firmware update interface. Then once dd-wrt was running I flashed
dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_NEWD.bin (from http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/24710M/). And without modifying any settings I cannot get my wired internet speeds above 3mb/s download when they are usually about 90mb/s download. Any ideas?

*edit* how do you remnove DD-WRT and revert back to stock firmware? I have stock firmware downloaded from neatgear and have sucesfully telneted into dd-wrt but dont know where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

This is from Kong's readme, which is meant to be read:
Flashing back to Netgear Firmware is supported. Just use the dd-wrt webinterface and upload netgear firmware. Since netgear is now using the same password var as dd-wrt you have to reset the router after you flashed back to netgear firmware, otherwise the netgear webif will not accept the default password.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10    Post subject: Re: Slow speeds Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
deviation56 wrote:

This is from Kong's readme, which is meant to be read:
Flashing back to Netgear Firmware is supported. Just use the dd-wrt webinterface and upload netgear firmware. Since netgear is now using the same password var as dd-wrt you have to reset the router after you flashed back to netgear firmware, otherwise the netgear webif will not accept the default password.

Thanks for the sarcastic tip on the readme's but that was actually the first thing I tried and the upgrade failed- sorry for leaving that out of my original post.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are welcome. I do sarcasm well.
Did you try a different browser? Cleared your browsers cache?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just remembered something. I had an r6250 that I flashed with dd-wrt.
When trying to revert to netgear fw, I ran into the same problem.
Searching led me to a post at myopenrouter, a user had the same problem. He solved it by using an older netgear firmware.

I tried the two most recent netgear firmware and both failed. Then the third oldest worked. Try that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I just remembered something. I had an r6250 that I flashed with dd-wrt.
When trying to revert to netgear fw, I ran into the same problem.
Searching led me to a post at myopenrouter, a user had the same problem. He solved it by using an older netgear firmware.

I tried the two most recent netgear firmware and both failed. Then the third oldest worked. Try that.

Haha sorry I didn't mean to sound like an ass if I did. Thanks for the extra suggestions. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy and went back and did what you said/what the readme said to do again, except this time the upgrade failed and the router would not boot at all, stuck on the infamous flashing green light. So I hooked it up directly to my pc and did the "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT firmware.chk" and then immediately reset the router and all seems to be working well again. Thanks again for taking the time to help. Smile
daxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed there hasn't been a recent update for the good-old R6300v1 in a while.
Is there any chance the v1 will also get build 24760 or higher?
daxy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
daxy wrote:
I noticed there hasn't been a recent update for the good-old R6300v1 in a while.
Is there any chance the v1 will also get build 24760 or higher?

I actually meant a Kong build of course Smile
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wondering if in the Access Restrictions Menu, there could be some... mode or something that the admin could WHITE LIST websites instead of Blacklisting them, and also on a per MAC Address basis... ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: