ASUS RT-AC68U install

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
amir42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's interesting is that I have now 2 days and 13h uptime without crash. Checking the client lists I noticed that I have only 2.4GHz and no 5Ghz clients atm. Before that, I never got uptimes bigger than 1-2h.

And I did not login to the Web-Frontend during these 2 days, I notice. Seems to be more stable, without me fiddeling around... Very Happy
Sponsor
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
I'm seeing sporadic (maybe 1 in 24h) crashes on my netgear arm based routers too

Me too.
I have the r7000 netgear & for the first time, yesterday I was online when the router crashed/restarted.
I cant say if this has happened before or not but it is the first time I was home, online & encountered it.
Not a heavy load, no QoS, some wireless clients(2.4 & 5)& wired traffic.
Running Kongac 22970.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
jiriw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few days ago I still routed through a custom build Linux-on-x86-compatible-SOC-board-with-3-eth-interfaces-and-wlan router thingy I built one and a half decade ago. but with FTTH arriving the poor little boxie was standing between me and progress... (it routed only about 1MByte/s) so I had to move on.

Enter Asus RT-AC68U.
Nice firmware... very slick, out of the box. But I'm used to tinkering, so I took a leap of faith and flashed my RT-AC68U to DD-WRT. The flash itself went well but I nearly bricked my router when I was exploring DD-WRT's possibilities and added an incorrect static route which had the same network address as the LAN interface network address. Result after reboot: A couple of TTL=100 pings, one TTL=64 ping and then, dead LAN/WLAN.

Sweating profusely I started reading the bricked router peacock thread when I remembered... I had turned on SSH remote management and was able to login through the WAN interface from a linux laptop with dhcpd installed to provide an IP.

So far I've added bridge devices and separate IP ranges (for WLAN, for a virtual WLAN for 'public' connections and one to play around with on one of the LAN ports). On the 'public' WLAN I added traffic and transfer speed restrictions (Yay for IPTables and TC, which I was already intimately familiar with). I added a local IP/Name DNS table to the hosts file (a pity nothing optware like runs on these routers yet, else I'd wanted full BIND on this thing...), added all the static DHCP links and port forwards I used to have on my old router but I'm still missing some things. I've already found threads which point me to even more ideas so I won't be done 'playing' soon.

Because there is no optware (or alternative) available for this device... how hard is it to cross-compile software on a linux machine? And can I expect ELF executables (compiled for 'generic' ARM) to work, if I also provide proper support libraries (like libc) and compile with 3.6.x linux kernel header files? In my case the 'x' might be 2 while the DD-WRT firmware I have flashed has linux kernel 3.6.10.
RMerlin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
jiriw wrote:
Because there is no optware (or alternative) available for this device...

I don't know if it will be compatible with DD-WRT, but you can use the MBWE-Bluering Optware repo under ARM. This is what Asus and I use in our respective firmwares.
ncyclon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any recent build? Smile
Detlefsc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,
I installed Brainslayers version for RT-AC68U build 22565 on two Asus router. I want to use the 5G band (wl1) for a wds network. As soon as I enable it on both sides, the devices freeze.
The same in the 2G band (wl0) works fine.

Any ideas?
negativzero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having problems with the 5GHz band on the router which has been found in brainslayer's all the way to kong's latest build. After a period of usage, the AC68 will fall back to 150mbps speed from 450mbps. Nothing you do will make it go back to 450mbps unless you issue a "wl reboot" command from terminal or reboot the router entirely.

Detlefsc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
hui... 450mbps. never seen this high speed. is there any trick in the setup, to get this ?
Detlefsc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
just added two screenshot. in the moment the devices are standing side-by-side.

wl1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  298.79 KB
 Viewed:  23508 Time(s)

wl1.JPG

wl0.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  304.85 KB
 Viewed:  23508 Time(s)

wl0.JPG

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detlefsc wrote:
hui... 450mbps. never seen this high speed. is there any trick in the setup, to get this ?

Well in 2G you only run in 20Mhz width thus your rate is 450/2.

Also you have lots of TX errors, you should probably first try with a lower tx power.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

Well in 2G you only run in 20Mhz width thus your rate is 450/2.

Well, I can choose between Auto/20/40/80MHz
I changed both routers to 80MHz, but the result is the same. Honestly, I do not know, for what this is neccessary ('Shocked')

<Kong> wrote:

Also you have lots of TX errors, you should probably first try with a lower tx power.

I reduced to 71mW and the errors disapeared.

Before we do something like Hase and Igel, I will explain what I really want to do.('Laughing')
My first AP is in the Erdgeschoss of our house and is covering the Erdgeschoss and most parts of the first floor. In the basement I have very poor reception and I need a bridging solution for some devices. So I bought 2 AC68U for highspeed communication in the 5G band with WDS and extension of the coverage in 2G and 5G band.

What would be the best setup to go in this direction or is there a cookbook for dummies like me availible ?. Question
ncyclon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the process "nas", /usr/sbin/nas. I found what wifi is down for me if no this process for wireless interface (may be crash).

Code:
# ps | grep nas
 1017 root      1384 S    nas -P /tmp/nas.wl0lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth1 -A -m 128 -k WIFI_PASS -s apname -w 4 -g 3600
 1020 root      1384 S    nas -P /tmp/nas.wl1lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth2 -A -m 128 -k WIFI_PASS -s apname5g -w 4 -g 3600

Is it like hostapd?
ncyclon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
New release, great)

But what about this:
Code:

# ipkg update
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/mbwe-bluering/cross/stable/Packages ...
wget: invalid option -- -
BusyBox v1.21.1 (2013-12-12 06:13:13 CET) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-csq] [-O FILE] [-Y on/off] [-P DIR] [-U AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

-s   Spider mode - only check file existence
   -c   Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
   -q   Quiet
   -P DIR   Save to DIR (default .)
   -T SEC   Network read timeout is SEC seconds
   -O FILE   Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
   -U STR   Use STR for User-Agent header
   -Y   Use proxy ('on' or 'off')

ipkg_download: ERROR: Failed to retrieve http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/mbwe-bluering/cross/stable/Packages, returning
ipkg_update: Error downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/mbwe-bluering/cross/stable/Packages to //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/bluering

Led 5Ghz still not working.

thx
amir42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I'm really missing is a IPv6 capable dhcp client. Seems that the included udhcpc is not able to do DHCPv6. Sad
amir42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to r23075. Now uptime is fine and it does not crash anymore. On the other hand 5Ghz communication stops after a while as predicted by Kong in his ChangeLog.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 68, 69, 70  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 70
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: