ASUS RT-AC68U install

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
spikehome wrote:
Running now a few days Kong's build 23185.
Seems stable.
5ghz and 2.4ghz works.
Will update to r23200 in a few days.
Have 9 wireless devices few are using 5ghz and they have no problems.
Also have all nic's connect with hardware PV loggers switch etc.
Speed is fine.
Request/question why is the webacces intern port 80 always (or secure) i use port 5445 always remote and intern, so why when i config a port also the intern use the same?
And a pitty that the allowed remote range or IP cannot set more ( use now handly script)

Edit:
At WL i can't configer a channel it going everytime back to auto.

If the channel doesn't stick, then you have set an invalid ch/width/extension combination and the radio will override this selection. So make sure you setup through the webif as it will show you the allowed combinations

dansrfe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I'm in an area with no other wireless networks in range, will setting the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios to Mixed, Auto channel width and Auto wireless channel under the same ssid result in best performance for all devices?

Currently, I have a few wireless AC, N (2.4 and/or 5 GHz) clients so unless I manually separate out clients to connect to different radios, setting the wireless mode to Mixed seems to be the only option.

The problem is that I don't know if the devices correctly "roam" automatically from the 5 Ghz radio to the 2.4 Ghz when far away and back when closer to the AP since the ssid is the same. Is there a way to find out what radio a device is connected to from DD-WRT's control panel? Either that or I suppose I'd need to run ifconfig on the iPhone's terminal.
stephenstud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 21:55    Post subject: r23200 Reply with quote
Hello all:) I didn't see any post on this, so I figured I would share. I noticed when I upgraded to the latest version(r23200), that I had to turn up the TX Power to 110 to reach the bedroom....lol Not a biggie, just an F.Y.I. Thank you for making the plastic box a router:)
negativzero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Updated to Kong's r23200. Still getting fallbacks to lower rates on 5GHz. The patch notes mentioned "wireless fixes". Was the TX/RX speed part of this fix or was it something else???
prg318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
desiromeo wrote:
gcamp0730 wrote:
desiromeo wrote:
im currently running my rtac68u with Kongs 23185 build too and have no such issues. Try resetting to default and re-applying all the settings. My radios work fine except for the known issues with the build.

I'm running Kong's 23185 build as well. Both wifi are working, but I seem to get dropouts - no errors on the status screen, but the client will hang. What are the known issues with the build that you referred to?

yes thats exactly the same issue im having. It sometimes hangs, which is the known issue due to the transmission rate degrading over time. If you just switch to the other radio on your client it fixes the issue. But yes im having the issue on both bands too. Lets hope for a fix soon.

FWIW, I am also experiencing this issue on r23204. A real PITA with XBOX Live and games that unfortunately don't support reconnection. If anyone has any advice or workarounds for this I would greatly appreciate it. For wireless, I am mostly using default / auto settings and do not have any issues outside of these 'hanging client' issues but I'm not sure which options would have an effect on this bug. I'll report back if I make any progress
stephenstud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 14:23    Post subject: Build 23250 Reply with quote
Try the latest build:) The interface itself is much faster!!
spikehome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed the version r23250.
The interface is indeed faster.

Works fine so far.

But i noticed like te other releases when i entered a static ip true mac adres i can't see after wards what filled in.
desiromeo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone try overclocking this bad boy to 1ghz? Im really wondering if this kernel will allow a stable overclock...I dont have the expertise nor the equipment to fix a brick lol

If the r7000 wasnt so big and ugly I would have kept that instead...I heard kong say its able to overclock to 1.6ghz stable.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello toghether,

I'm new here. My englisch is not so, but I try to explain my problem. I have bought an ASUS RT-AC68U. Now the ASUS works in Repeater-Mode to connect with the AVM Fritzbox 7390 by 5GHz. But I want to connect it via Bridge to the Fritzbox. As per ASUS it is possible to use MediaBridge, but then the Clients cannot connect via Wireless, only by LAN.

Is it possible with DD-WRTs to connect via 5GHz Wireless Bridge to the Fritzbox and the Clients will use 2.4GHz Wireless to connect to the ASUS?

If yes, can i follow the installation quide from RT-N66U with the file "asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx"?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N66U
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778352#778352 (asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx)

Some guys from this thread install furthermore dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM.bin? Is this an additional package for AC support?
gcamp0730
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
prg318 wrote:
desiromeo wrote:
gcamp0730 wrote:
desiromeo wrote:
im currently running my rtac68u with Kongs 23185 build too and have no such issues. Try resetting to default and re-applying all the settings. My radios work fine except for the known issues with the build.

I'm running Kong's 23185 build as well. Both wifi are working, but I seem to get dropouts - no errors on the status screen, but the client will hang. What are the known issues with the build that you referred to?

yes thats exactly the same issue im having. It sometimes hangs, which is the known issue due to the transmission rate degrading over time. If you just switch to the other radio on your client it fixes the issue. But yes im having the issue on both bands too. Lets hope for a fix soon.

FWIW, I am also experiencing this issue on r23204. A real PITA with XBOX Live and games that unfortunately don't support reconnection. If anyone has any advice or workarounds for this I would greatly appreciate it. For wireless, I am mostly using default / auto settings and do not have any issues outside of these 'hanging client' issues but I'm not sure which options would have an effect on this bug. I'll report back if I make any progress

I've been running the 23265 build for almost a week now. I am not experiencing *any* of the wifi issues that I was with the 23185 build. Yay!!
Standardabweichung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello gcamp0730,

could you please help me to answer my questions from my last posting?
spikehome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
installed the version r23270
but with configure static ip adresses i can't see teh configured adresses everything stay empty.

testing continues
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Standardabweichung wrote:
Hello toghether,

I'm new here. My englisch is not so, but I try to explain my problem. I have bought an ASUS RT-AC68U. Now the ASUS works in Repeater-Mode to connect with the AVM Fritzbox 7390 by 5GHz. But I want to connect it via Bridge to the Fritzbox. As per ASUS it is possible to use MediaBridge, but then the Clients cannot connect via Wireless, only by LAN.

Is it possible with DD-WRTs to connect via 5GHz Wireless Bridge to the Fritzbox and the Clients will use 2.4GHz Wireless to connect to the ASUS?

Yes this is possible.

Quote:

If yes, can i follow the installation quide from RT-N66U with the file "asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx"?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N66U
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778352#778352 (asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx)

Some guys from this thread install furthermore dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM.bin? Is this an additional package for AC support?

If you have a N66U you need a trx for the RT-N66U.
The N66U is a mipsel based router while the 68U is arm based. Completely different CPU architecture.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
The N66U is a mipsel based router while the 68U is arm based. Completely different CPU architecture

Thank you, I have the RT-AC68U.But I think, I can follow the installation steps like N66U?

Should I install "asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx" from this thread or dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM.bin? Or is the last one only a additional package?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Standardabweichung wrote:
Quote:
The N66U is a mipsel based router while the 68U is arm based. Completely different CPU architecture

Thank you, I have the RT-AC68U.But I think, I can follow the installation steps like N66U?

Should I install "asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx" from this thread or dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM.bin? Or is the last one only a additional package?

For initial flashing you always need a special image that the oem firmware accepts, that is why you first need a .trx image for the asus. Netgear for example only accepts a *.chk

Once you have dd-wrt on it you can use our generic *.bin image that is not specific to a certain model.

The dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM.bin is one of my dd-wrt builds, for ARM based units. These builds are regular dd-wrt builds which sometimes contain a "hotfix" for some annoying problems. My build is always tested on a few units before it is published.

Basically right now you find 3 sources for builds, that are more or less official:

-Official dd-wrt builds from BrainSlayer (Head of DD-WRT development), creates builds for all supported units

-semi official dd-wrt builds from Kong (DD-WRT Developer),
builds for units I own + units from the same family

-unofficial builds from Fractal (Advanced DD-WRT Community Member), mostly K26 builds for mipsel based units

Thus yes, you can first flash the trx, then use my latest build.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: