ASUS RT-AC68U install

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
irishj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured out it's something else, it seems to be dropping the VPN routing to the IP I've specified whether or not H/W NAT is enabled or not.

I've re-enabled H/W NAT and it's working fine with the built-in VPN server, no reboots...yet Smile
Sponsor
irishj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reboots started Sad Disabled H/W NAT
Paoloest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there. Just purchase the ac68u and Have to use a damn vdsl router so I am not connected directly via the ac68u. Don't want to use ap mode because want to use firewall and VPN server as well as qos and bandwidth reporting.

Is it possible with dd wrt fw to integrate into an existing network using wan port as LAN to other router with same functionalities?
bawalker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all,

I was recommended the Asus RT-AC68U router from another thread on this forum for a replacement router with good cpu, external / removable antennas (for higher gain ones) that will run dual band wifi.

My question is, is DD-WRT feature complete for this router? Or do certain features not work?

I'm looking to get a good router that fits the above after my faithful WRT300n failed on me after a power outage two months ago.

Thanks!
bacon612
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think so. Poeple's use for this router are different, however.

You might get more of a response if you specify what needs to work for you.
rt-ac68uman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
after reading this thread in its entirety, I can't find info to help me decide if flashing my RT-AC68U is going to be worthwhile if my net connection is via a 4G SIM.

Would flashing with DD-WRT and then setting up my VPN through that improve speeds at all or is it just an issue of having more control over settings?

I did ask this before but got no response. I'm new here so if I'm missing something in my posts, please let me know. Thanks
bacon612
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Improve the speeds of your 4g connection? Probably not. Do a speed test with it without your router involved and then one with it. Then you will know. Wink
hipsu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any one else have trouble geting full speed out of the 2.4G band using PCE-AC68, i seem to be capped at connection speed of 400Mbps i tought it could go upto 600, granted the client is behind a wall but still

24865M build

-Mikko

ddwrt1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.24 KB
 Viewed:  19329 Time(s)

ddwrt1.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40    Post subject: asus RT-AC68U Reply with quote
Hello
I have a asus RT-AC68U. i use the asus firmware version 3.0.0.4.376_1663
i am blind, and the web interface is not screenreader friendly, for 4 years ago i have used dd-wrt on a old router, but i remember i should flash the old router with starting with a 30 30 30 reset.
Is it possible to flash the asus RT-AC68U from the asus webinterface, and should i use a 30 30 30 reset before I flash it? and which firmware should i use?
I will be glad if one can post a link to the firmware and a liddle guide to flash my asus router.

I have a 50/50 mbit connection with static IP and a 4g modem. Can i set it up to do this, if my internet fails on my 50/50 mbit, it use my 4G modem instead, my 4G modem is also with a static IP?
I have also a 4 TB seagate usb 3.0 HD, is it possible to use that on the asus router with the dd-wrt firmware.
i use the ac network, will it works on a dd-wrt firmware?
I hope there are anyone, there can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance for answers to my questions.

Best regards
noeyes
TCkDfz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 18:16    Post subject: My experiences with the Asus RT-AC68U Reply with quote
Since I purchased the Asus RT-AC68U several weeks ago I have tried Kong builds 24710M, 24760M, 24800M, 24865M, and BrainSlayer build v24 preSP2 24461. I'm currently on Kong 24865M. With all other builds I had sporatic reboots from every few hours to no later than 2 1/2 days.

With Kong 24865M I'm on day 6 1/2 without any problems. I have Optimize Multicast Traffic disabled on the WLANs as I saw previous posts that that could be the cause of some reboots.

noeyes,
The process is pretty easy. No you don't have to do the 30-30-30 reset. You can flash from the Asus web interface. You have to use a BrainSlayer build. The latest is ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/06-23-2014-r24461/asus-rt-ac68u/asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx. After that you can load either BrainSlayer or Kong builds which are here: http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/. There is a youtube tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG3fVNT18Pc. Detailed written instructions are here: http://miketabor.com/installing-dd-wrt-asus-rt-ac66u-router/. Those are for a sister model but I skimmed over them and they appear to be identical. If you don't have the ability to telnet and erase the nvram I think you'd be OK if you reset to default from the web interface after each flash. As I mentioned earlier the best results I've had are with Kong 24865M.

I don't have any experience with a backup internet connection or attached drive. There are previous posts about them though and the tutorial wiki may have what you're looking for: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials. Good luck!
jeffreywedwards
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 23:59    Post subject: Client mode(WEP) + wired LAN issues after kongac 23720M Reply with quote
ASUS RT-AC68R. I've been waiting for a while assuming this would eventually get fixed but I guess not (or maybe it's just me). I haven't been able to upgrade to a Kong build after 'DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/13/14) kongac - build 23720M', every more recent build breaks my setup. I use my routers 2.4GHz channel with WEP and in client mode as my WAN connection and the 5GHz channel is my wireless LAN for my house. The 2.4GHz will not work with builds after 23720M though the 5GHz does. The wired LAN also does not work with any builds after 23720M for me. I have tried every build since from what I remember and they all do not work; more than this, every time I try a more recent build I then have to restore the original ASUS firmware before I then reflash the Brainslayer build and finally the 23720M Kong build (sometimes this process takes multiple flashes, it's baffling). Once I am back on 23720M though, everything works perfectly. I've been using DDWRT for probably 6-7 years and this is the first time I've had a problem that I just can't figure out. Thanks.
noeyes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, i have now installed my dd-wrt and upgraded it to Kong 24865M

Now my interface is screenreader friendly.

I have a server, there is running 24/7, but sometimes my fiber provider is unstable, and therefore i want a solution to switch automatic to my 4gG usb dongle. Is that possible?
I have read a lot on google, but i can't find a solution to that problem.
if the Kong 24865M can't do the job, maybee anyone can recommend another dd-wrt build, there can make a failover.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Noeyes
nikiiv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am considering buying this router.
Is there a reason why I shouldn't, like unstable dd-wrt builds, non-working features..

Which version is considered stable, does not reboot.
BTW one question, can I use iptables without flashing dd-wrt

Thanks for the answer
NKiki
gschlact
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 20:42    Post subject: backup WAN Reply with quote
Noeyes- under WAN do you find a Tab for Dual WAN like in the Stock firmware where You can specify MOde as Load Balance, or Fail over.
gschlact
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54    Post subject: ac68 USB 3.0 HDD speed issue? Reply with quote
I have spent toooo much time on this already but am hoping for more speed!

AC68, WD Passport 1TB HDD.
Baseline: HDD connected USB3 on Lenovo, I get 90-100+MBytes/sec transfer

Testing using 1.4GB movie file. OR 200+ jpgs (8MB each)

I move the HDD to the USB3 on the ac68 and droppppps by 1/2. (This is after updating stock Firmware to 3.0.0.4.376_1663.
- wireless-> Pro-> Reducing USB 3.0 Interference = Disabled, LAN Jumbo Frame=OFF is better ==> Doubled my speed from 20-25MB/sec to the 40MB write/ 53MB/sec read (wired Lan connect at 1gpps).

CPU Temp = 81C and stays there. CPU loading and memory are low 42% for SMB and still 19% IDLE, and 19,000KB Free memory.

WHAT do I need to do to get back toward the 100MB/sec that the wired Lan can support as well as the USB3 HDD? Bottleneck appears to be the USB 3.0 support on the stock Firmware.

Recommendations would be really welcome whether DDWRT and other settings fix this issue. Again, remember, I am wired LAN at 1gps. WHY such a degradation by the Asus USB 3.0 HDD controller? There is still headroom left on the CPU, memory and LAN link.

-Guy
gschlact
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 68, 69, 70  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 50 of 70
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: