Restore to Linksys E2500 firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bzncrew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 23:21    Post subject: Restore to Linksys E2500 firmware Reply with quote
I want to return this router. So I want to restore back the Linksys firmware. The Mega and Big versions of DD-WRT would run for a day or so and lock up. No good.

I have DD-WRT mini on there now. I've read so many threads and so many Wikis how to do this and nothing works. Always 30/30/30 before trying.

The DD-WRT admin panel won't load the firmware. It either gets 3% or 94% done and reboots. Comes back as DD-WRT. No joy.

Tried TFTP a million different ways.
At first I would get "Unable to get response from server".
So Telenet in and set wait on. That helped. Now it waits for the loader.

Wait for 100 ping and go for it. Don't wait for ping and go for it. Wait for 1 sec go for it, 2 sec, go for it, 5 sec, go for it. Nothing works.

Gets about 75% loaded (green status bar) and stops with the "Unable to get response from server". I notice it pauses, Ethernet 1 port stops blinking and then displays that message.

I'm going direct from PC to router. Antivirus/Firewall off. Windows 7 pro.

Tried the other TFTP2 program that retries. It does the same thing.

The firmware for the E2500 v3 is 10 megs. I read there is a 3 meg limit for TFTP.

So now what? How do I restore this beast?
Or how can I brick for reals so I can return it and buy a different one. My old router E1500 is a happy clam with DD-WRT.
Sponsor
bzncrew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
So this is what I did.

TFTP (and any version of it) doesn't like 10meg .bin files. Times out.

So I loaded V2 of Linksys software to the beast via DD-WRT firmware update. 6 meg update. It took! Yea....v2 on a v3 box.
Good enough. Took it back to the store in semi-original condition and got my money back.

Dang Linksys firmware is too large to flash. Junk I tell you.

The E2500 doesn't like DD-WRT Big or Mega. Just to let ya know. Runs for a day or so and locks up.

Unless someone has a better build. Might try another router model. Linksys is crap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: