K3.x mega - Static Leases configuration issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rawsushi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 14:40    Post subject: K3.x mega - Static Leases configuration issues Reply with quote
I've sort of figured out this issue (having retried a million combinations).

SOLUTION:
1. Click ADD
2. ENTER ONLY the MAC address
3. hit save
4. then go in and put the other information in
5. do not set Client lease time too high (I tried to set it to 20000 initially and it didn't like it).
6. Hit save and apply.
7. Reboot. You should be good.

Previous Story - to see if it matches anyone else's problems.
I've successfully installed
dd-wrt.v24-23204_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U
on my
Asus RT-N66u

ZERO issues.

I'm in the (re-)configuration steps ... as I want to work with QoS ... therefore I stated assigning static IP addresses to the 'normal' machines I run on my network.

In the Services / Services tab / Static Leases, I have:
1) clicked "Add"
2) entered all combinations that I can come up with of how to input the right combination (I've copy pasted from everything, to just 'some' of the data).
3) Save
4) Apply

After the SAVE step (or if I go directly to Apply), the data I just typed
a) disappears (meaning the row is there - but there is no visible text in the text boxes)
b) automatically a second row appears - and even though I don't press the Add button.

Finally, upon hitting Save or Apply I get a pop-up window which states the following error:
"is already defined as a static lease."

I've then gone and deleted out all of the lines, and put code in the "Additional DNSMasq Options" text box, as per the help file: I've put:

dhcp-host=8c:a9:82:7d:45:06,192.168.1.100,PAFlaptop,Fusion,12h

Then I hit save and apply - even reboot - and nothing ... the IP address doesn't change (it stays the DHCP IP).

I've gone as far as to AFTER rebooting, to deleting my machine from the DHCP Client list.

Nothing.

Finally, I've tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

Has anyone successfully put in STATIC IPs?

[** FEATURE REQUEST ** A pull down for either the MAC or the Hostname ]
Sponsor
Max Hopper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 13:31    Post subject: Is the dnsmasq DHCP server enabled? Reply with quote
Setup | Basic Setup | DHCP Server must be enabled. dhcp-host directives in Services | Services | Additional DNSMasq Options are then applied.

N.B. if a DHCP server is also enabled on the WAN modem, which is generally true and without a control to disable, then the servicing of a host's DHCP DISCOVER is random.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: