For people with a Linksys EA series router...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to restore the stock nvram values to get access to stock admin page, that's gonna take a while to write them back to the router manually, the ea6700 thread has a dump from Malachi of the EA6700 US model, but you have to search a little more to get EA6500v2 dump, there might be some difference but I would say because they use same stock firmware, you should be able to use EA6700 US dump to write nvram values back to get EA6500v2 working again.
Sponsor
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Following precious advices from Twingo I'm adapting the standard EA6700 nvram with my MAC addresses. But here comes a problem: the MAC I had saved from previous nvram dumps are different than the one I have on the bottom of the router ... I can't get why (maybe I got unintentionally them screwed).

Anyone has an explanation for this ? If as I suspect I have screwed MACs saved, is there a way to rebuild the original MACs starting from the only one I know for sure (the one on the bottom of the router) ?
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
The different mac addresses are from nvram erase process, which caused the unit lost the value of mac stored in the nvram so it goes to the default address; linksys has this weird design so nvram erase means you would lose the value.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right ... indeed looking up the MACs I saved in clear from previous nvram dumps returns several google results.

So I now have only one "true" MAC address printed on the bottom of the box, and only the hope that something can be recovered from the original CFE.bin I saved.

Now, the standard EA6700 nvram set has 6 different MAC addresses:

Code:
C8:D7:19:52:C1:0D
C8:D7:19:52:C1:0E
C8:D7:19:52:C1:0F
C8:D7:19:52:C1:11
CA:D7:19:52:C1:0
CA:D7:19:52:C1:F

4 are grouped and consecutive by the last pair. The other 2 are different.

How can I rebuild 6 addresses from the "true" one ? (Bad suspect ...)

If it is not possible, how can I try to recover anything from the CFE.bin having only the serial cable ?
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I remember that the four consecutive are for the interface of wan, lan, 2.4G wifi and 5G wifi, just modified your own by matching them accordingly; the other two macs you can just try put something similar to that and see what happens.

CFE doesn't contain the mac for each specific router, it only has the default mac, the specific mac for each router is stored in the nvram so not sure CFE will help much on this. Mac address might not be that critical from my experience so don't worry about them, worst case is that you can still serial cable to change them later.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having a very long working day so couldn't investigate further, but the current status is that I've successfully flashed r28598 yesterday night before calling it a day. Since then, I've myself rebooted a couple of consecutive times the router, but in between it has served 10h and now 12h in a row without a single glitch.

Though I've so far applied very little customisation on the default configuration, this is by far the most stable (indeed, absolutely stable) experience I've had on this unit and with dd-wrt.

For the sake of curiosity and completeness, I will investigate further on if and how is it possible to recover the other original MAC addresses and hence know that if I need I can revert to a fully working stock fw (and perhaps replace the unit sooner or later with something less problematic).
deeptech04
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please help me with this problem...

I installed ddwrt firmware by brainslayer then tried to revert back to stock as I was having issues with ping , from ddwrt firmware upgrade option and now router is stuck with official firmware

http://192.168.1.1/ui/1.0.99.176451/dynamic/home.html

and showing waiting.. nothng more.. its just loading and stuck at that loading...

Tried TFTP Flash of Original also ddwrt firmware but all the same , its not booting to ddwrt firmware upon successful upload of TFTP Flash of ddwrt firmware.. its goes back to the same page , and same error.. even installing official firmware via TFTP error and page is same...

Please help
ravioli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
deeptech04 wrote:
Please help me with this problem...

I installed ddwrt firmware by brainslayer then tried to revert back to stock as I was having issues with ping , from ddwrt firmware upgrade option and now router is stuck with official firmware

http://192.168.1.1/ui/1.0.99.176451/dynamic/home.html

and showing waiting.. nothng more.. its just loading and stuck at that loading...

Tried TFTP Flash of Original also ddwrt firmware but all the same , its not booting to ddwrt firmware upon successful upload of TFTP Flash of ddwrt firmware.. its goes back to the same page , and same error.. even installing official firmware via TFTP error and page is same...

Please help

Try https://linksyssmartwifi.com
kedvall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
_Robb_ wrote:

0) download:
a) the latest stock firmware
b) initial dd-wrt for your router (from dec 2013 or jan 2014 - search this thread or ea6900 for which one is possible)
c) flashing html webpage (find in my post www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914408&highlight=#914408 )
d) download latest kong arm dd-wrt version

1) set your pc to ip:192.168.1.5
2) open console window and do "ping -t 192.168.1.1"
4) prepare to tftp upload stock linksys firmware
5) restart router
6) when pings get answer from 192.168.1.1 immediatly upload by tftp

After uploading you should have a nonresponsive stock firmware. Do you?
Make some coffee/tea.
Next step is to load dd-wrt.

Don't reset router.
7) open the html flashing webpage in browser.
8) choose for flashing dd-wrt initial flashing firmware
9) wait for flash + reboot

Router should come back with dd-wrt password change screen.
Change user + password.
Take a break, let the router run a bit.
Don't set anything except disable ttraf.

Flash through ui - kong firmware (don't use setting default values! - just flashing).

After reboot, you should have a working router.
Remember 32k nvram limit, etc.

Through telnet you can restore nvram vars if you want to return to stock.

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with my EA6500v1. I tried installing DD-WRT through the Linksys web gui and then was stupid enough to do a 30-30-30 reset which bricked my router.

I have done steps 0 - 6. I have stock firmware loaded, seems to work fine, I can access Linksys web gui.
I try to upload DD-WRT ea6500-build 23194 20131222 which is listed as the min usable DD-WRT version on the supported routers page.
Uploads fine, seems to install, then says router is rebooting. At this point it reboots and it's back on the stock firmware.
Anyone have an idea of what's going wrong wrong?

Thanks for the help!
kedvall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
In case anyone else had this problem, here is how I fixed it.

Although I had TFTP'd back to stock firmware, it was not working properly and did not actually install DD-WRT.

Instead, after getting back to (not fully functional) stock, reflash the stock firmware through the Linksys GUI.

Then after it completes, try flashing DD-WRT built. Should work fine then!
dexxx666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi i have problem with STEP 7 - i open flashed website and try flashing but i get response - Page Not Found Sad anybody get same problem ?? Thanks

_Robb_ wrote:
aerosmith9110 wrote:
Can someone point me to the step by step process to revive the ea6700 via the com / JTAG port inside? I kinda flashed it a few months back and broke it and never bother by it till now.. I have time on my hands.

If there is also a link to the firmware I would need to load that would be great. BTW, I already tried 30 - 30 - 30 multiple times and I flashed it twice as it was reverting to the original firmware before I broke it.

0) download:
a) the latest stock firmware
b) initial dd-wrt for your router (from dec 2013 or jan 2014 - search this thread or ea6900 for which one is possible)
c) flashing html webpage (find in my post www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914408&highlight=#914408 )
d) download latest kong arm dd-wrt version

1) set your pc to ip:192.168.1.5
2) open console window and do "ping -t 192.168.1.1"
4) prepare to tftp upload stock linksys firmware
5) restart router
6) when pings get answer from 192.168.1.1 immediatly upload by tftp

After uploading you should have a nonresponsive stock firmware. Do you?
Make some coffee/tea.
Next step is to load dd-wrt.

Don't reset router.
7) open the html flashing webpage in browser.
Cool choose for flashing dd-wrt initial flashing firmware
9) wait for flash + reboot

Router should come back with dd-wrt password change screen.
Change user + password.
Take a break, let the router run a bit.
Don't set anything except disable ttraf.

Flash through ui - kong firmware (don't use setting default values! - just flashing).

After reboot, you should have a working router.
Remember 32k nvram limit, etc.

Through telnet you can restore nvram vars if you want to return to stock.
The_Imperator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 21:20    Post subject: EA6700 bricked? Reply with quote
Hello,

I've followed the installation instructions as well as the peacock thread using Brainslayers binary posted on page 3. I was then able to connect the dd-wrt webui, however after applying the initial configuration change (disabling sshd) the unit became unresponsive. Rebooting, using statical IP pining 192.168.1.1, 10s reset button etc. have not helped regain access to the unit. It appears to be completely unresponsive. Any ideas on how to revive my EA6700?

Thanks for any inputs
The_Imperator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:34    Post subject: Re: EA6700 bricked? Reply with quote
The_Imperator wrote:
Hello,

I've followed the installation instructions as well as the peacock thread using Brainslayers binary posted on page 3. I was then able to connect the dd-wrt webui, however after applying the initial configuration change (disabling sshd) the unit became unresponsive. Rebooting, using statical IP pining 192.168.1.1, 10s reset button etc. have not helped regain access to the unit. It appears to be completely unresponsive. Any ideas on how to revive my EA6700?

Thanks for any inputs

Any inputs or ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: