Dir615, clent bridge, cannot get DHCP or internet to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
slewis1972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01    Post subject: Dir615, clent bridge, cannot get DHCP or internet to work Reply with quote
Ok, I decided to resurrect some of my Dir 615 D4 routers as needed to create a client bridge for a backup internet connection. NP, 2 doors over has no issue - hes has a BThub and I already have full access to it as I set it up.

So, I downloaded and installed the latest: r23320 on the Dor 615 D4, np. Set it up as per the wiki as a client bridge eg

Set ip address of the router as one on the new lan - done
set as client bridge, gave same ssid, password, security - done
set dhcp forwarding to the ip address of the router - done
Turned off firewall - done
Tested to see if if I can see the wireless ssid from the router, done and joined all ok.

Rebooted.

Plugged network cable into router and game laptop static ip address from new lan to test first off. Connected to the Dir 615 and saw it had joined the ssid and had got a ip address from the BThub. But I could not get any internet or ping the BThub from my laptop.
So I enabled ssh, and got onto the 615 router itself. From there I can ping the BThub and google.

Got onto the BThub network from another system and browsed to the router at 192.168.1.254. I can see my laptop I have connected to the Dir615 and listed next to it is the ip address I gave the Dir615 router and not the one its got from connecting to the SSID
I had set Dir router ip: 192.168.1.90
Connecting to the SSID gave me 192.168.1.83 as see on the Dir615 status page. Wireless signal is also showing as 43%

Ok, so I then remove the static ipadress from my laptop, and repower the router. Laptop does not get a DHCP address. Gave back static, ssh'd onto the 615 router again, and same I can ping everything.

Any ideas, whats blocking me from getting a DHCP nad or getting onto the internet even with a static?
Sponsor
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not router/chipset issue, dd-wrt doesn't use original ralink/mediatek drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: