TP-Link TL-WR710N support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Rasmon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Said. I really like the size of this device and the extra Ethernet over the last model, but not going to buy it until its supported by dd-wrt. LOL
Sponsor
mittelhessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same opinion as Rasmon, too but additional this device is very cheap for its flexibility. I think it could be a good device for temporary usage but it might be not the best device for permanent installations at home because its rf-properties won't be as good as these of bigger devices (with external, replaceable antennas).
david.harry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 15:56    Post subject: sad yet hopeful Reply with quote
i have to admit. i will be keeping a very close eye on this topic.

i do quite a bit of international travel and would love to add this to my travel gadgetry.

i'm looking to create a VPN hotspot in any hotel room so i can Netflix and stream various video on a Roku3.
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 20:05    Post subject: Re: sad yet hopeful Reply with quote
david.harry wrote:
i have to admit. i will be keeping a very close eye on this topic.
i do quite a bit of international travel and would love to add this to my travel gadgetry.

Why don't you enjoy the 2 worlds, instead of waiting load OpenWrt

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgive me as I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to the topic. Will OpenWRT allow me to create a VPN hotspot? If so, I'll definitely give it a shot.
c-st
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may also try superWRT (www.superwrt.eu). It is based on OpenWRT but already includes LuCI web configuration. The only problem I had was that it would not act as a client in one network and distribute the internet to another network. But it acts as a router or a simple repeater without problems.
jbombs16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does superwrt work for the us version?
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbombs16 wrote:
Does superwrt work for the us version?

I don't know, but I'm trying to get back my donated device from Sash. Once he returns back to DD-WRT office, then we'll get support finally.
kooper2013
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 17:43    Post subject: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i just need the device. so far i dont have any

I sent a new TP Link 710 rev 1.2 EU (and a Tenda A6) last week.

Hopefully we'll see the TP Link 710 and perhaps the Tenda A6 supported soon. If so, me and others would be really happy (I tried SuperWRT, but could not get it working so far and gave up after one evening).

PS: Thanks again for your GREAT work!
Very Happy
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 18:23    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
kooper2013 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
i just need the device. so far i dont have any

I sent a new TP Link 710 rev 1.2 EU (and a Tenda A6) last week.

Hopefully we'll see the TP Link 710 and perhaps the Tenda A6 supported soon. If so, me and others would be really happy (I tried SuperWRT, but could not get it working so far and gave up after one evening).

PS: Thanks again for your GREAT work!
Very Happy

Great, thanks a lot! I donated one back in February but it disappeared somewhere between Sash's hands. Rolling Eyes Hopefully we're gonna get the support soon.

Where did you send the package by the way?
kooper2013
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 21:17    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:

Great, thanks a lot! I donated one back in February but it disappeared somewhere between Sash's hands. Rolling Eyes Hopefully we're gonna get the support soon.

Where did you send the package by the way?

To Bensheim, DE.

BR, have a nice weekend everyone.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
kooper2013 wrote:

To Bensheim, DE.

BR, have a nice weekend everyone.

Have you made sure that they got it? Mine was delivered but lost somewhere in the office. Rolling Eyes

Have a nice weekend!
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
hgmichna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:07    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
kooper2013 wrote:
… Hopefully we'll see the TP Link 710 and perhaps the Tenda A6 supported soon. If so, me and others would be really happy (I tried SuperWRT, but could not get it working so far and gave up after one evening). …

What was your experience with SuperWRT? I almost tried that, but stopped when I read your message.

Was it easy to flash the router back to the stock firmware?

I have a TL-WR710N(EU) 1.2 here and would like to have a PPTP VPN client, which the stock firmware does not provide, in spite of its PPTP settings, which work only for certain ISPs.
objecttothis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 14:12    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
hgmichna wrote:
kooper2013 wrote:
… Hopefully we'll see the TP Link 710 and perhaps the Tenda A6 supported soon. If so, me and others would be really happy (I tried SuperWRT, but could not get it working so far and gave up after one evening). …

What was your experience with SuperWRT? I almost tried that, but stopped when I read your message.

Was it easy to flash the router back to the stock firmware?

I have a TL-WR710N(EU) 1.2 here and would like to have a PPTP VPN client, which the stock firmware does not provide, in spite of its PPTP settings, which work only for certain ISPs.

I installed the initial flash of SuperWRT and it worked fine however when I later went to upgrade SuperWRT using the upgrade procedure it bricked my 710N US v1.0. I tried contacting the developer but his site's messaging is conveniently broken. Not cool.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 17
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: