TP-Link TL-WR710N support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
hgmichna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 15:13    Post subject: Re: TP Link 710 Reply with quote
objecttothis wrote:
I installed the initial flash of SuperWRT and it worked fine however when I later went to upgrade SuperWRT using the upgrade procedure it bricked my 710N US v1.0. I tried contacting the developer but his site's messaging is conveniently broken. Not cool.

Thanks for the info. The quality of the documentation reflects on the quality of the software.

I will stand back and leave the original firmware on the TL-WR710N(EU) 1.2. It is pretty good and has lots of useful capabilities, just not a VPN client.
Sponsor
michaelfsantos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everybody, any news about the port of DD-WRT to the TL-WR710N? Smile
Stark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 14:24    Post subject: Any Progress Reply with quote
Has there been any progress on getting a build available for this hardware?

I'd like to use one as a travel vpn router. I have flashed one with openwrt but I'd far prefer dd-wrt as airvpn have a guide to configuring a dd-wrt router to perform the vpn part.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 14:34    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
Stark wrote:
Has there been any progress on getting a build available for this hardware?

I'd like to use one as a travel vpn router. I have flashed one with openwrt but I'd far prefer dd-wrt as airvpn have a guide to configuring a dd-wrt router to perform the vpn part.

Unfortunately I'm sure that it's not gonna happen anything until somebody doesn't place a device straight to Brainslayer's hand.
Stark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 14:45    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:
Unfortunately I'm sure that it's not gonna happen anything until somebody doesn't place a device straight to Brainslayer's hand.

These things are £20 on Amazon uk I thought one had already been sent to brainslayer? I'm happy to send one along may as well make use of the amazon prime.

Brainslayer if you see this do you have one?
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
Stark wrote:
Oliverda wrote:

These things are £20 on Amazon uk I thought one had already been sent to brainslayer? I'm happy to send one along may as well make use of the amazon prime.

Brainslayer if you see this do you have one?

I sent one device to Sash one year ago, but unfortunately that was a mistake. I highly recommend you to send it to Brainslayer's home(!) address, because I think the office is a mess.

I'm gonna send you his email address in PM. Contact him about the details, and please don't forget to keep the topic updated about the process. Wink
Stark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:40    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:
I sent one device to Sash one year ago, but unfortunately that was a mistake. I highly recommend you to send it to Brainslayer's home(!) address, because I think the office is a mess.

I'm gonna send you his email address in PM. Contact him about the details, and please don't forget to keep the topic updated about the process. Wink

Email to brainslayer sent. Let's see what happens.
eshwayri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
Stark wrote:
Oliverda wrote:

Email to brainslayer sent. Let's see what happens.

I would also be happy to purchase/send one. I am also very interested in getting DDWRT on this device.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 13:26    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
eshwayri wrote:
I would also be happy to purchase/send one. I am also very interested in getting DDWRT on this device.

Sounds good, but let's wait for Stark's reply first. Hopefully he can work it out with Brainslayer.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stark doesn't reply back. Confused
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:48    Post subject: Re: Any Progress Reply with quote
eshwayri wrote:

We got some promises for a donation in the past, but nothing happened eventually.Rolling Eyes

Last week together with eshwayri we won a device on eBay, which is going to be shipped straight to DD-WRT's office today. Hopefully it'll land in the proper hands this time.

Tracking

Last edited by Oliverda on Mon Mar 30, 2015 13:29; edited 1 time in total
objecttothis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oliverda, thank you and anyone else involved for your persistence in this. It would be nice to have dd-wrt for this device. The stock firmware isn't the worst i've seen but it's horrible compared to dd-wrt.
Stark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:
Stark doesn't reply back. Confused

Sorry life getting in the way. If you have sorted one out via ebay, can I offer to send someone a few quid via paypal to help contribute? Oliverda PM me if you want.

Brainslayer got back to me but it was in essence telling me to look at the donations page and follow the instructions there. Not what we had in mind given Oliverda's experiences.

Very Happy
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stark wrote:

Sorry life getting in the way. If you have sorted one out via ebay, can I offer to send someone a few quid via paypal to help contribute? Oliverda PM me if you want.

Brainslayer got back to me but it was in essence telling me to look at the donations page and follow the instructions there. Not what we had in mind given Oliverda's experiences.

Very Happy

Look who is here! Razz

Of course, you're welcome to join us. It's 5.88 EUR if I divide it to three parts. I'll send you the details in pm.
Stark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:
Look who is here! Razz

Of course, you're welcome to join us. It's 5.88 EUR if I divide it to three parts. I'll send you the details in pm.

Sent.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 17
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: