Linksys Media Center Extender WMCE54AG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Doramius
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know the settings in virtual box. It should have some setting like the following:

I'm using Win7 Ultimate x64. That's irrelevant, as I'm using VM Ware 7 and have had the same results with XP Vista and Win7 in various 32 & 64 bit version.

There's a setting in VM Ware that allows you to use the main port on the computer as the primary port for all VMs. However, each VM will receive it's independent IP from the router. [IE: Main computer Win7 192.168.1.15 ; VM1 MCE2005 ..1.16 ; Mac 10.6 ..1.17 ; Win98SE ..1.18 ; Chrome OS ..1.19 ; etc]

When I use MCE2005, I usually shut down all other VMs and run next to no tasks on the main system to reduce the amount of resources used by anything else, and also reduce network bandwidth use on the port since it's running "like" a proxy for the VMs.

I install the extender software on the MCE2005, and add the extender's serial to the manager.

I can even have a separate hard drive on the main computer, or a totally other networked computer with all the media I want to play, just be mindful of how much bandwidth runs across that main computer's port. highly recommended hardwired giganet across the board. The Linksys extender is not giganet, but that's not your bottleneck.

Hopefully that gives you an understanding of the setup. I can try and get more details. Might even play around with virtual box and post settings and/or tutorial for others to follow.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: