WRT54Gv5 dropping connection every half hour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sesquipedality
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 23:25    Post subject: WRT54Gv5 dropping connection every half hour Reply with quote
I have a weird problem with my WRT54Gv5 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) micro - build 14929. It is being used in repeater bridge mode, set up as per the instructions on the wiki, to talk to a Virgin Media SuperHub (some sort of rebranded Netgear). My laptop connects to the WRT54G over wired ethernet. (Thanks to DD-WRT this is faster and more reliable than a native 802.11n connection to the Superhub.)

The problem is that almost exactly every half hour, the router drops the connection. I can see this from the logs maintained by my IM client:

Quote:
You have been disconnected.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 20:28:19 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 20:58:14 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 21:28:17 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 21:58:43 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 22:28:46 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 22:58:48 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 23:28:35 2012.
"Mark (****)" signed on at Mon Mar 26 23:58:54 2012.

(Mark being the person on the other end of the IM connection. It is not just IM, as I experience interruptions to streaming video when the connection drops.)

Any ideas as to what might be happening and how to fix it. A post on the forum for a problem that seemed similar suggested setting "Maximum Ports" to 4096 and "TCP timeoiut" and "UDP timeout" to 300. I have done this, but it did not help.
Sponsor
sesquipedality
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
A little bump. If there's something in the announcement that helps with this, I'm afraid I've not seen it, and I have read them all. Even a suggestion for what to explore further would be helpful at this point, as I can't even think why this might be happening.

Thanks.
vomov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I might have the same problem when streaming radio: every half hour the connection drops. This makes Winamp stop, Foobar pause, and Mediamonkey crash and burn while screaming loudly.

The odd thing is the exact timing, which I've just noticed; the ticker in my G15 shows it being very near 30 minutes (29 and a bit, every single time). The wifi-connection doesn't appear to be dropped.

I've also had this problem since I've switched to DD-WRT, and it persists over multiple computers. While the sheer awesomeness of DD-WRT beats the annoyance of restarting the stream every half hour, it's still something I'd like to fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: