pppoE auth problems with latest build + wrt54gs (v2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 13:03    Post subject: pppoE auth problems with latest build + wrt54gs (v2) Reply with quote
It would only log in briefly (from ISPs end) & then drop out ("port error" is what the ISP says it said in radius logs). However it never showed as connected and having a WAN IP from my end, even briefly.

Ultimately I had no choice but to set the "wan connection type" to disable, then I had to change my modem/router (iconnect) from "dumb bridged" mode into "gateway" mode and set it to log in via pppoe.

It works fine now but does this mean I have no choice but to do NAT/Port management/QoS/uPNP/DMZ via my shitty iconnect modem/router as opposed to using my wrt54gs(v2) + dd-wrt? The iconnect gives me the option to disable NAT but as soon as I do this I get no connection out to the net.

In "Setup"-->"Advanced routing" I changed the operating mode from "gateway" to "router" because my wrt54gs is essentially no longer the gateway device (it was working without doing this). I'm not sure if I should enable dynamic routing along with this on the "LAN/wLAN".

any help would be really appreciated Sad

Last edited by jalyst on Mon Aug 06, 2007 14:28; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
**Bump!!** anyone, please??
BS any suggestions :cry:

I've set my Linksys IP as a DMZ in my iconnect config. So hopefully now I should be able to avoid a "double NAT" and do all QoS, firewall, & port management from the linksys, and the iconnect can simply be a modem/authentication device. Or does anyone foresee any complication with this config?
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flash to new 0608 version .. PPPoe continue not working ... Mad

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:

I haven't been on these forums since the early days. Does it usually take a while for people to respond in your experience, or am I just unlucky? Sad
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
jalyst wrote:
stalonge wrote:

I haven't been on these forums since the early days. Does it usually take a while for people to respond in your experience, or am I just unlucky? Sad

Well there are plenty of threads about PPPoE not working in current lately released builds, so the information is already here, use the search, Luke Wink
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
olmari wrote:
Well there are plenty of threads about PPPoE not working in current lately released builds, so the information is already here, use the search, Luke Wink

That's just it though, I'm not even sure if it is a PPPoE problem!
I was having a "stab in the dark" after using deductive reasoning.

If you know that there's been widespread problems with PPPoE in the latest builds...
Well then maybe I should have "trusted my instincts, Luke" Laughing

So as you say I will "use the search" and see if newer builds rectify the problem or if there's a manual fix.

But hey, what do you think of my existing config?
Would it been fine to leave it as it is?

Cheers,
jed
fabiomcosta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
my pppoe wasnt connecting too but i found a post that with this bin you would get it fixed:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/micro_pppoe.bin
I don't know what it is exactily but i used it on a dd-wrt v23 SP3 micro generic and the version doenst change, its like a fix, i don't know :S but it woked fine on my WRT54GS v5.
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fabio , remember that problems with PPPoe are noticed in all versions since 2006 , but this problems occurs just in some ISP ... not at all ..I have a router WRT 54 G v4 with DDWRTv23 1406 running just to get a WAN IP ( to be plugged to the world ) .. other router with newer versions running v24 with other functions running fine , except pppoe Sad

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
fabiomcosta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok,
but i was having problems with my pppoe connection and now it works since the upgrade i did using the file i told you.
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
fabiomcosta wrote:
my pppoe wasnt connecting too but i found a post that with this bin you would get it fixed:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/micro_pppoe.bin
I don't know what it is exactily but i used it on a dd-wrt v23 SP3 micro generic and the version doenst change, its like a fix, i don't know :S but it woked fine on my WRT54GS v5.

So you were using the last major stable release and still having probs? I didn't ever have problems with pppoe when I was on v23 sp2. Only since I moved to latest builds of v2.4.

Can you post a link to instructions on how to manually install this pppoe component?
fabiomcosta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
my connection wasnt working on any version since it was integrated on dd-wrt (v23 SP2).
But then i got this .bin and used the firmware upgrade tool on the dd-wrt admin pane and its working well now.
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
huh, but what build is it exactly?

You can't upgrade a sole component of the firmware via the web interface, it would have to a whole pre-built firmware..

In that case, what is the version/build of fw you're now running as a result of using "micro_ppp.bin"?

cheers,
jed
fabiomcosta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
im running Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP3 (06/20/07) micro.
Its the same version i had before i applied it.
jalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, think I'll do some more reading on the issue 1st.
When I've time, sigh, always too busy these days Sad

thanks anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: