WRT54GS v6.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
donladmorris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25    Post subject: WRT54GS v6.0 Reply with quote
Ok, well i'm in some serious need of help.

I have a WRT54GS v6.0 router.

As for my network, from my cable modem i have a line running to a Linksys RTP300 Router.
From here, there are lines running to my phone line system (We have Vonage) and another line running to a WRT54GS v6.0 router. From here i have a line running to my Dell Dimension 3000 and one to my Playstation 2. Although the wireless router isn't necessary, i use it to connect to the internet with my Nintendo Wii.

Now, what happened was i began installing DD-WRT v23 SP2.
I followed all the steps hereUntil i got to where the Power LED should be blinking, it wasn't and i couldn't connect to the internet or the router.
I'm pretty sure i'm having some sort of problem with assigning a manual IP address because i tried it before i started the entire process and it didnt work. What happened was (In Network Connections) my Local Area Connection was below a thing called Internet Gateway before i changed the IP addresses, but after i changed them, the Internet Gateway disappeared but the LAC still said connected even though it wouldn't connect to the internet. So then i just said screw it (bad idea) and just followed the steps. Well, after the Power wasn't blinking, i couldnt access the internet, even after trying the 10mbps-half duplex, etc. So i just took the wireless router out of the network and connected directly to my RTP 300 and changed the network connection settings back to Auto Detect mbps and auto detect ip address.

Could someone please tell me how to get the ip addresses set with the wireless router connected and be able to access the internet so i can continue setting upDD-WRT v23 SP2?[/url]
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: