Moon Infection on Linksys E1000 V2/DD-WRT Repeater Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lmogier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 0:01    Post subject: Moon Infection on Linksys E1000 V2/DD-WRT Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
A while back I installed and configured an old linksys E1000 to act as a Repeater Bridge (build K2.6) and all was going fine. Recently my browsers began getting redirected with 'Critical Warnings...call...' and after doing a bit of research it looks like these routers are easily hacked and infected with a 'Moon' virus. Someone mentioned blocking port 8080 and making sure remote access to the router is disabled but being totally new to this aspect of technology (elementary school technology teacher with a quest for learning/trying new things), I am unsure as to how to best resolve this. I found some scripts within the DD-WRT forums/site but feel like I may need some expert guidance on this one - - PLEASE!

Summary: Linksys E1000 V2 w/ build K2.6 being used as a repeater bridge hacked with Moon virus/redirect - NOOB
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
More likely it is your computer or specifically your web browser. Moon is a linksys firmware problem. Never heard of it infecting ddwrt.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: