Problem connecting to WiFi with wrt54GL+dd-wrt v24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
slope
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 13:01    Post subject: Problem connecting to WiFi with wrt54GL+dd-wrt v24 Reply with quote
I had my wrt 54GL running v24 firmware with success for a few weeks. Suddenly I can not longer connect to the 3 open networks in my erea. They are not ancrypted, nor are running wap/wep. Still my router can not seem to be given a IP from any one of them.

I reflashed my router with the newest v24 firmware and still that did not solve anything for me. I have followed this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17896&highlight and followed avery steps just as I did last time.

Could it be that they have blocked my macadress?

Could I change my macadress in wrt 54 gl?
Sponsor
tekoholic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 16:03    Post subject: Re: Problem connecting to WiFi with wrt54GL+dd-wrt v24 Reply with quote
slope wrote:
Suddenly I can not longer connect to the 3 open networks in my erea. They are not ancrypted, nor are running wap/wep. Still my router can not seem to be given a IP from any one of them.

Well, looks like they caught ya'...

Quote:
I reflashed my router with the newest v24 firmware and still that did not solve anything for me.

Can't imagine how this would help...

Quote:

Or, blocked all but the ones which they own and want on their networks...

Quote:

Probably won't do ya' any good, as it's just as easy to block ALL (except for the allow-list), as it is to block one... Most end-users are not looking to keep an open network. They're just, typically, too stupid / lazy to enable the available security features, until they realize that they need them. If the owners of these networks have noticed an unwanted intrusion, and locked you out, you ARE unwanted. At this point, anything you do to circumvent this security, would be EXTREMELY unethical, and in many cases, illegal. Buy your own access, or offer to contribute to their costs, and I'll bet your problem will be solved...
GunTolo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 20:13    Post subject: Re: Problem connecting to WiFi with wrt54GL+dd-wrt v24 Reply with quote
slope wrote:

maybe yes ...

slope wrote:

yes .. you can. But i think that not solve your problem and make your router not work for some cases... try to use netstumbler to check the wifi around you.

28 GL+DD-WRT v23 SP3 Std
13 WRT300N v.1 v24 06-20-07
2 GL/SP1/200 mW+Hyperlink 24 db >> 16 km Point to Point
slope
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crapp.
I am pennyless the next 3 weeks, and can't pay the ISP before next paycheck. Guess I have get used to live in the "stoneage" again without net for the next 3-4 weeks.

Hmm next time I stumble up on a open network the first thing I am going to do is to put my macadress into their whitelist, give their router a new password and lock it thight down. That way they need resetting skills to kick me out. Smile) LoL

Btw, I am looking into a certain "unix toolbox", to see if I might just be able to get access once more....
MichelG
DD-WRT Guru

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:44    Post subject: Funny... Reply with quote
"the first thing I am going to do is to put my macadress into their whitelist, give their router a new password and lock it thight down"... Sure Slope... you are really clever ? and why not to black list all their MACs, so you can use their network for your needs ????

When people do let an open network available, we could be extremely satisfied, because they do contribute to the expansion of the net, but using all their bandwith, or manipulating their router, blocking them is really unfair. And because of this kind of attitude, many nice people have closed their AP...

Michel.,

All Senao EOC-2610 V1.10 Std 15362 BS
1x UBNT Bullet 2 - RP 18dB Panel - 11Mbps - 13Km link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: