Blinking power light (WR54GL v1.1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Karen90631
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 23:16    Post subject: Blinking power light (WR54GL v1.1) Reply with quote
Hi,

I wanted to flash my WR54GL v1.1 back to Linksys firmware from DD-WRT's v.23 as it was unavailable 95% of the time via WiFi.

So I flashed WRT54GL_4.30.9_US_code.bin with DD-WRT's web flashing tool and selected default settings, and after a few minutes, I get the password dialog which doesn't accept "admin" or any of my passwords with "root" or not as username, and the router's power light blinks very rapidly.

I've tried resetting the box by holding the reset for 30 seconds, but I get the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you ping the 54GL?

Linksys firmware also uses 192.168.1.1 as the default...there default login is...leave the username blank and admin for the password.

If you can ping it...you could try putting dd-wrt back on using tftp.

Since Telnet won't work with Linksys firmware (if that is what it took) then you will have to press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, unplug still holding the reset button for 30 seconds, then plug it back in still holding an additional 30 seconds...this will clear the nvram. then use the tftp method of reinstalling the dd-wrt firmware...or the Linksys firmware.

A rapid blinking power LED is generally not good....but many times it is recoverable...do you have any other LED's on solid?

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: