A weird problem - no connections on channel 1~6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nskim
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 23:59    Post subject: A weird problem - no connections on channel 1~6 Reply with quote
Last two days, I've encountered the weirdest problem in wifi.

Two days ago, my wifi connection died after poor performance. I thought I fried the router since power was overfed with higher voltage than normal for g125.

At that time, I used channel 1. But, my bridge wouldn't list my router as an active AP. I'd brought the router to my room and started to play with it. Sometimes, my bridge displayed the g125 as an AP but couln't join as "infrastructure". But, I could join if I set network as "adhoc".

Then, I took the router to other room and tested with a laptop. Well, it connected even at channel 6. So, I brought the router and the laptop to my room and retested. To my disappointment, no connections with any devices in my room. An old linksys B router, a laptop, my client bridge, etc.

I started to change channels and I found out that my bridge connected to the g125 above channel 7 to 11!!! Channel 7 connected but poor performance while channel 11 showed exellent performance. I've conculed that it must be interferance which I don't know the source.

My question is that anything like channel 1~6 can be interfered at the same time? Anybody has experienced like this problem?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: