WHR-600D with DD-WRT?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ordinator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too recently bought a WHR-600D and am interesting in loading DDWRT on it. I sent a support ticket to EU Buffalo support regarding my SN not working on their download page and wanting the advanced DDWRT firmware. Not surprisingly they told me they were unable to help me due to my router being the US variant and to contact US support.

Then I called US Buffalo tech support and told them I couldn't find the DDWRT firmware on the US site but did find it on the EU site and if I can get a US version of it. After some digging around to verify the tech confirmed that they don't have it yet for NA and typically EU and JP get releases first before NA.

Nothing special from any of that except that he also mentioned he had someone a few days ago that had found the EU DDWRT firmware and flashed it to his US model and in doing so bricked his router. So I think it would be advisable to not try to get the EU version and flash it if you're not willing to deal with restoring it if it bricks.

So at this point we can wait for @BrainSlayer and team to publish a version or wait for Buffalo to release theirs, or if you're impatient you can try flashing various existing beta builds and see how successful that is.
Sponsor
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see a firmware in the beta section. Trying to decide if this router supports openvpn or not and whether to buy or not.

Is this a mega build, supporting OPENVPN?
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let me answer my own question - apparently you/I'll never know. I've been suckered again! (need to stop talking to myself).

Got this unit on eBay for a reasonable price, well other than it arrived in a condition of bricked which takes it down the value chain a few links Wink.

All it will do is show the green power light. I assume someone tried to install a wrong version of FM and returned it to the a** who tried to unload it on me.

*** UPDATE: I found a de-bricking guide here:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=935110#935110

But I'll hold off tampering with it until I see what the seller wants to do. Another couple of weeks d*ng with eBay to get my money back if it's like the last bad one I received.
novacoresystems
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:23    Post subject: WHR-600D dd-wrt firmware Reply with quote
Does anyone know how close we are to a stable/working dd-wrt release for the WHR-600D w/openvpn ?
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try 24160

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=931272#931272
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: