DDNS w/ no-ip.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Psylo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
With "@w*w.no-ip.com" i only mean the url of No-Ip.

I think the username must be your e-mail adress which you used on registration because your e-mail adress is the username so it worked for me.

regards
Sponsor
KevDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your still not making any sense.

My current password is

dog

What do I need to change it to in order to work?

I keep getting the following error:

Wed Jan 9 20:36:14 2008: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 0.1.4' - dynamic DNS updater.
Wed Jan 9 20:36:14 2008: INADYN:IP: Error '0x2' resolving host name 'checkip.dyndns.org'
Wed Jan 9 20:36:14 2008: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Wed Jan 9 20:36:14 2008: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 0)

What the heck is checkip.dyndns.org??

That makes no sense Im using the noip.com setting page. Something is seriously wrong

Now Im getting this after changing my password to dog@www.no-ip.com

Wed Jan 9 20:46:10 2008: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 0.1.4' - dynamic DNS updater.
Wed Jan 9 20:46:10 2008: INADYN:IP: Error '0x2' resolving host name 'ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com'
Wed Jan 9 20:46:10 2008: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Wed Jan 9 20:46:10 2008: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 0)

ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com

What?
Psylo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your e-mai ladress dog@no-ip.com? I don't think so.
The username you have to use for the DDNS Service of DD-Wrt is the e-mail adress you use to login to your account on www.no-ip.com.
Example:
your login for no-ip.org is:
Username: dog@xyz.com (xyz is the domain name of YOUR e-mail service provider)
Password: dog@www.no-ip.com
Your "domain": dog.no-ip.org

In the DDNS- service menu you have to do the following things:
DDNS- Service: Select your service (no-ip.com)
Username: dog@xyz.com (same as your loginusername for no-ip.com)
Password: dog@www.no-ip.com (same as your login password for no-ip.com)
Hostname: dog.no-ip.org

dog-noipcom.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.3 KB
 Viewed:  28631 Time(s)

dog-noipcom.JPG

KevDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the explicit instructions -- there is definitely no grey area in what you are telling me. However it is still not working, and I think it probably has nothing to do with what you are telling me. Here is my output:

Thu Jan 10 07:52:44 2008: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 0.1.4' - dynamic DNS updater.
Thu Jan 10 07:52:44 2008: INADYN:IP: Error '0x2' resolving host name 'ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com'
Thu Jan 10 07:52:44 2008: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Thu Jan 10 07:52:44 2008: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 0)

It obviously can not resolve ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com. That seems to be the problem! I guess I cant use this feature.
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is definately something with DDNS and NO-IP now... I see similar errors as KevDog, but I have an manual solution for now.

Basically as soon as I set the update interval to 0 (immediately) it updates normally... Why I don't know.. Then Iset the day to defautl 10 again until next time... Will someone make bug report about this in TRAC or so, I can too later..
Psylo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI,
what do you mean with "there is definitely no grey area in what you are telling me"?

I think ist really curious. i cant ping "ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com" but for me DDNS works finde perhaps because i use the V23 of DD-WRT!?

regards
KevDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im using version 24 RC5. I think there is definitely a bug. Thanks for the confirmation olmari and thanks for the instruction Psylo. All I can do I guess is wait until the bug is fixed. Do I need to contact anyone about this? Ive written Noip support, but Adam Laforge isnt too helpful on this error.
Psylo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps you can try to use another RC- version !?
I tried no-ip.com with RC3 some month ago and it worked fine or you can ty antother DDNS Service.

good night Smile
KingViper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:53    Post subject: Works for me. Reply with quote
I just set mine up about 5 minutes ago and it works great.

Username: Your Email Address
Password: Exactly what you use on No-Ip.com, DO NOT add @domainname or any other crap after it.
HostName: Exactly what you would enter to access your stuff...for instance "variable.no-ip.com" or "variable.serverhttp.com"

Mine connected fine.
Tommy2000
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 22:30    Post subject: no-ip.org Reply with quote
The url from no-ip work only from home, not from a difrent pc.
Do i have to open a port or what is wrong?
Tommy
KevDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know if this bug, or lack of functionality is solved in the latest
dd-wrt v24 rc6.2?
brunoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 23:08    Post subject: that solved for me Reply with quote
I know this topic is old, but this posting may help because I was having the same problem. I saw that DDNS stopped working after a lot of changes while trying to make OpenDNS, DualWan and a sort of things. The bad guy wasn't DNSMasq, DDNS user with or without explicit domain or whatsoever, it was basic configuration. Going to setup(tab)>basic setup(tab)>network setup(section), there were two fields with invalid IPs, the gateway and localdns. I changed them both to my own router LAN IP - maybe only one of them would be the solution - and after a reboot DDNS got back to work. Note: All that happened with eko's 24sp2.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 14:25    Post subject: The post of brunoff is the solution Reply with quote
Thank you for the reponse brunoff
nashchelsy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 17:41    Post subject: Re: that solved for me Reply with quote
brunoff wrote:
I know this topic is old, but this posting may help because I was having the same problem. I saw that DDNS stopped working after a lot of changes while trying to make OpenDNS, DualWan and a sort of things. The bad guy wasn't DNSMasq, DDNS user with or without explicit domain or whatsoever, it was basic configuration. Going to setup(tab)>basic setup(tab)>network setup(section), there were two fields with invalid IPs, the gateway and localdns. I changed them both to my own router LAN IP - maybe only one of them would be the solution - and after a reboot DDNS got back to work. Note: All that happened with eko's 24sp2.

I wanted to chime in and say, I was having the same errors as Kevdog.
I found that under Setup > Basic Setup > Network Setup > Router IP
That Gateway and Local DNS were set to 0.0.0.0. Setting them to the router fixed the issue and caused DDNS to operate correctly.
Your fix worked brunoff. Thank you for showing us that.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: