Linksys WRT150N - Sucessfull!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok...now there are issues and they seem to be common on the WRT-150N's with or without DD-WRT. The problem is that when traffic gets high the router resets the wireless connections. I have never had an issue with the wired connections to the router, but when anyone is using the wireless and the traffic gets kinda high...BOOM...no wireless. The problem is consistent and repeatable at will.

I went to the linksys forums to see what I could find and try in comparable settings between the default Linksys firmware and DD-WRT. I found the following information:

Quote:
go to advanced wireless settings and try changing N Transmission Rate to 270Mbps, reduce beacon interval to 50, fragmentation and RTS threshold to 2304

That seemed to have done the trick. My nephew and I are doing all we can to make the router go down and have not been able to so far. I will update the status of this when and if it does go down again.
Sponsor
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
***UPDATE***

It has been many hours of downloading gigs and gigs of everything imaginable...hrm...ok not EVERYTHING...hehe...hate to think of what is imagined by some. Anyhow...after downloading many videos, linux distros, game demos, streaming video, playing games, general surfing, and so on (all at once on several wireless machines)...I have not been able to crash this router. I will post again in a few days to update on this thread on the status of the router.

Thanks!
Aylwin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Newbie here. If I buy a second WRT150N and load it with DD-WRT, will I be able to configure this 2nd unit as sort of a wireless adapter? What I'd like to do is hook up several devices via ethernet cable and have a wireless connection back to the 1st WRT150N.

Is this possible?

-Aylwin-
seti
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually that is what I have done with the WHR-G54S...it is on the other side of the house with a wired connection to my HDPC, PC, XBOX, and HD-DVD...not to mention wireless access point for that side of the house. I am using my 150N as the gateway/main router in the wireless repeater bridge.

Hope that helps!
seti
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
***UPDATE***
This will be my last update on this particular topic...but as it stands my WRT-150N is running link a champ. There hasn't been a single drop since these changes have been made and I couldn't be happier with overall performance. I hope this helps some others out that were having drop issues with their 150N.

Thanks!
Aylwin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sadly, I've decided to return both WRT150N units. I just can't get stability and throughput with the 802.11g connections. And the WUSB300N adapter seems to mess up my PC. I really like the DD-WRT firmware though so it's a shame I can't get everything to work.

Anyway, I've just setup the D-Link DIR-655. It just works and all my legacy connections are working perfectly... so far...
sinkr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I, too, have had great success thus far w/ dd-wrt on my 150N; The install was easy, the configuration was easy, and it just works...

seti wrote:
***UPDATE***
This will be my last update on this particular topic...but as it stands my WRT-150N is running link a champ. There hasn't been a single drop since these changes have been made and I couldn't be happier with overall performance. I hope this helps some others out that were having drop issues with their 150N.

Thanks!
ekarjala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 15:38    Post subject: success with wrt150n v1.1 Reply with quote
I echo Slaughter's earlier comments in this thread. Following the instructions to the letter, I had absolutely no issue installing v24 RC 6.2. First the mini install, and then the standard install via the web GUI. All basic router functionality is good, throughput at the levels that I am used to seeing, wireless access using WPA personal, access restrictions functioning, DDNS updating, etc. All systems go.

Thanks to the DD-WRT team for all the fantastic work.
Weble
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed it last night with RC 6.2, it went very smoothly. Only thing that i do not think works is the txmit strength. I have changed it from default 28 to 70 and i did not really see a difference. Other than that dd-wrt works amazing!
MIcage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, to you all

First my configuration, 2 Linksys WRT 150-N v1.1 and the firmware is 1.5.3 .
I have a internet cable provider downstairs and I want to connect to a pc downstairs
whit the utp cable, then I have pc on the third floor and I also want to run an
Xbox 360 there.

My idea was to put everything wired directly to the routers and only let those
two routers connected wireless.

ISP --------- PC1 (first floor(living room))
I Wireless
----- (second floor(bedrooms))
I Wireless
----- PC2 and Xbox360 (third floor (addict ))

I have loaded one router whit new firmware, at first I try ’d v24 6.2 that I
downloaded from the map http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/release candidates/DD-WRT v24 RC6.2/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT150N_v1.1
but now I have the new version from Eko the v24 R6-8785_std (I first loaded the mini),
that can be found here http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC6-8785 not the 535.

The first time I upgraded the firmware I used http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page ,page install and http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20796&highlight=150n , the part from slaughter.
I had them set to the background incase something did go wrong.

Its always a scary thought the something can go wrong, I occasionally do upgrade
satellite decoders and there it’s the same scary shit haha.
But I upgraded the router twice as you can read, whit 2 different versions.
I did that because I can’t get them to work right, I keep having problems whit the
Rate .
At first, everything is connecting to another, but then, when the internet should
come up, the Rate drops down from 270Mbs to 1 Mbs , you can imagine how
fast that is, not.

I’ve read some different things, one person is talking about Client bridge mode and
another is talking about Repeater bridge, so witch one is the best in combination
With the 150 N or doesn’t that matter witch one you pick?
I also played around with the WDS mode, but that did the same thing as I wrote
In the previous.

Now I 'am thinking off upgrading the second router to the same firmware as the
first router has, and then to the right connection with WDS.
Can somebody tell me if that I’ll do the trick, ore is it a waste off time?
I just didn’t do that already, because if something went wrong I still had the
Original one that worked.

I hope someone could help me out here.
MIcage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nobody Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I still don't get it to work, I've just put in the latest firmware from
Eko, the RC6 8790.
Played around with Treshold's and the Tx-power and itstil doesn't work.
I don't get, when I ping to the primiare router, most off time I get 2 out 2.
Some times I can connect to the primiare firmware menu.
So all the other things are working fine Iasseum, its just the low
rate that screws everthing up Confused
MIcage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I 'am not gone type everything again damn, this was the second time
I typed a shit load of text and got the message that something whent wrong.

It came down to the this.
Have it up and running, I now have the same speed as my PC1.
Al that had to be changed was, in the wireless tab the 40Mhz mode
had to be set to standaard 20Mhz.

My setup:
Linksys WRT150-N v1.1 version 1.51.3 primaire router
Linksys WRT150-N DD-WRT Eko version RC6 8790 dated 18-1 (was also v1.1 version 1.51.3)
Now running Repeater Bridge, -N only and wep security.
The only thing I have to look at is the signal strengd, because its just 52%.
And I'am only 8 meter form the primaire router with nothng but flowers between
them .

So tnx to guys how made it all possble, tumbs up to you 8)

Edit:I only used a the mini version, the std wasn't there .
fvfv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
After many frustrating hours of upgrading and downgrading firmwares to make my WRT150N v1.1 work, the most incredible and stupid thing I did made it work !!!!

By pure curiosity, I pressed that button in the top that says "Reserved" , I left it on for 30 seconds, and boom , I was able to connect wirelessly.

My version that is working is EKo's 8795 VPN fW :
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC6-8795/dd-wrt.v24_RC6-8795_vpn.bin

Does anybody know what that button is for ???
de0xyrib0se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Worked fine on WRT150N v1.1. Followed instructions and used IE for the initial flash. Did the mini and then std. Minor bugs in the web GUI, i'm using Firefox for some screens and IE for others, but its an RC so i cant complain.

Update: I set up the SID and passwords for wireless, web interface showed them saved but wireless had old SID, i had to manually pull the power cable from the router in order for it to change the broadcast.
rogerd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have problem with my WRT150N V1.1 in Client bridge mode.

I use first V24 RC6.2 and now EKO RC6 8790 and have same problem with client bridge. DHCP don't work, can not assign any ip address. And when I use a static address it work sometimes for the first web page. I have used the istallation guide
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

My primary router is WRT150N with linksys firmware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: