Linksys WRT150N - Sucessfull!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
rogerd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I change from 40MHz to standars 20MHz it work better but the performance is bad (6Mbps) and the connection goes down and I need to reboot
Sponsor
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
rogerd wrote:
I have problem with my WRT150N V1.1 in Client bridge mode.

I use first V24 RC6.2 and now EKO RC6 8790 and have same problem with client bridge. DHCP don't work, can not assign any ip address. And when I use a static address it work sometimes for the first web page. I have used the istallation guide
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

My primary router is WRT150N with linksys firmware

Using 802.11 set of standards you cannot simply bridge wireless stations. To solve this problem, the wds-station mode was created - it works just like a station, but connects only to APs that support WDS. There is no WDS support in the original linksys firmware, so the solution to your problem is to flash your main router with DD-WRT.
rogerd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
But in the installation guide for wireless bride I can read.

"In the case in which we are interested, a wireless device running DD-WRT such as a WRT54G is configured as a Wireless Bridge between a remote wireless router (of any make/brand)"

So I don't thinka I need upgrade my primary router with dd-wrt
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
In most cases an AP that works in both client and bridge modes are capable of transparent bridging. However unless the AP, when operating in client mode can bridge correctly or can clone the members Mac address, it will not forward packets correctly and disallow the use of other subnets. Linksys WRT54G and WRT54GL routers with the original firmware operates as AP only, but can run in Bridge mode if setup with dd-wrt.
maccentric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v24 RC-6 (01/02/0Cool mini seems to have fixed my issue with the WAN IP address, though sites seem to load slower than with my Airport Extreme.

Incidentally, any Mac users should use Firefox to upgrade your firmware, it would not work with Safari for me.

I'll try the std firmware and see if that helps with throughput.
trilist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a problem with my wrt150n v 1.1 with DD-WRT v24 RC 6.2 std. I am trying to configure wireless virtual interface with Network configuration: Unbridged, but when I try to fill in IP and netmask and hit save it turns as bridged again. I do not how to fix it. If you have any ideas please help.
Helge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed v24 RC-6 on two WRT150N routers without problems. I tried to set up WDS, this also without problems, but the trouble was that the range sucks! I can't make it work for more than 3 meters. If I restore factory defaults, I can connect with my laptop over 20 meters but with poor signal. I started a separate thread describing this problem in more detail. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28442

If I could get the same range with WDS as without, it would be fine but it doesn't look good at the moment. DD-WRT is great, so I hope I can make it work but I'm in a bit of despair at the moment since I got these just for using WDS..
jpmswiss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another successful upgrade thanks to Slaughter!
darknforce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought the router today any idea how to add ext antenna to this router? Wanna mod with 12dbi omni directional antenna
rzunig1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 20:04    Post subject: Newbie here... Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new here and was looking on-line for tweaks for my WRT150N (firmware version 1.01.9-latest), and I would like to try this DD-WRT firmware, but don't know anything about it, so can someone answer these questions for me:
1. What does the DD-WRT firmware do for my router?
2. If for some reason is causes problems after the firmware install, can I re-install the original firmware from Linksys?
3. Can installing 3rd party firmware to my WRT150N, cause it to stop working completely, and to where it would not be usable or flashable back to original firmware?

Thanks,

Rick
palmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 18:10    Post subject: Another one Reply with quote
I there, thank you very much for your existance! I'm new around in the forum spite the fact that i'm using this firmware for some months ago. I have bought a WRT150N and i have successfully install the firmware, but with some problems. The wireless is not working. I change the SSID and the security and it dont connect to anything. I have test with V27 RC5 and the RC6.2 and it has exactly the some problem. And with RC5 it doesn't work at all with PPOE authentication.

Thank you very much.
Foxtrot_01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I bought a refurbished 150N from Tigerdirect yesterday, went home and did everything step by step although I used firefox, I am not sure if I screwed up but everything seem to have gone well except for the ERROR message on the tab of the firefox windows, but everything was uploaded successfully, although it asked me to connect to the internet and I connected the Ethernet to the blue jack and hit continue, it also got stuck rebooting(took more than 10 minutes and nothing). At the end everything changed to Chinese and I switched back to English. I am still on the original screen for DD, I changed the name and the password. I still cant get anything to work, any ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: