Netgear WNR834Bv2 - is it supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
One more thing...generally when the 834bv2 bricks...you need to erase the kernel and the nvram partitions...but in doing so....you wipe out your MAC addresss that is stored in a special custom location.

You will need to JTAG that custom partition back on.

See device specific information regarding this custom.bin reflash.

redhawk

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help! It turns out my wnr834bv2 is alive and well. In a moment of genius / realizing how stupid I was I tested the PSU with my voltmeter and saw that it only provided 1.7V instead of 12. Doh!

So I guess the PSU died for good right when I tried to short the pins, and has been slightly less broken before, causing the bootloops but not outright failure. If I had checked the obvious before I would have saved some money for the new wndr3700. I should have known better - the wiki talks about faulty PSUs a lot, and this is not my first Netgear PSU that fails.

But on the plus side I have a wndr3700 now, and a spare wnr834b2 to experiment with JTAG.
TeamEcho01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the state for this router? What's the latest version of DD-WRT should I install?

I'm highly interested in using DD-WRT after looking it up. I'm a little paranoid about screwing up the router though so a walkthrough of some sort would be appreciated(one that fits the latest, useable build).
pug_ster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
TeamEcho01 wrote:
What's the state for this router? What's the latest version of DD-WRT should I install?

I'm highly interested in using DD-WRT after looking it up. I'm a little paranoid about screwing up the router though so a walkthrough of some sort would be appreciated(one that fits the latest, useable build).

The latest one is up there if you search under the router database. If you are running the netgear firmware, download and install the special image for initial flashing (the one ends with an .chk file). After you flashed to dd-wrt, you can flash to the firmware you want, IE standard.
TheAngryPenguin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
TeamEcho01 wrote:

I've been running svn16403 (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn16403/) for about 7 months now and haven't noticed anything unusual. I was recently checking into a newer build, but after reading some of the corresponding posts, I decided against it.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
72 pages spanning almost five years. Time to lock it down. No one will read this whole thing. Please ask any specific questions by starting a new thread, following the forum rules and guidelines in the announcements (make, model, version of router and post your specific build as set out in note 7 of the peacock).
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 Display posts from previous:    Page 72 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: