Is this possible (VLAN-WAN TRUNK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jcb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:45    Post subject: Is this possible (VLAN-WAN TRUNK) Reply with quote
Hello !

I currently run DD-WRT2.4RC3 on an WRT54GL and I was wondering if the following is possible:

My ISP gives me official IP's from a DHCP server (up to 5) and I want to put up a linux server on my network behind the WRT. But not on one of the ports on the GL as described in http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Bridging_WAN_and_a_LAN_port

I want the WAN network to be tagged in a VLAN that I can "pull out" on a cable that is attached to port 1 on my router.

This port already is connected to a ordinery switch (not vlan) with my server and my computer on. So what I want to do is that my server (linux) receives a trunk, and tag the vlan from the wan port. I know how to do this on the server, but I'm not quite sure how to do it on the WRT if possible. Also this means that my computer should receive a native vlan. My windows computer can't tag vlan's.

Is this possible at all?

Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

Jo Christian
Sponsor
jcb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you understand what i meant or should I explain some more? Smile

Jo Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: