linksys 54g v8 - might be briked i dont know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
skraps_rwt1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 18:58    Post subject: linksys 54g v8 - might be briked i dont know Reply with quote
i just tried following the instructions by brianslayer and i think i brinked my router. the lights seem to work and my wifi card sees the dd-wrt router but will not connect. when i try connecting with a ethernet cable, i cant use dhcp to configure an ip address. when i manually enter in my ip address as 192.168.1.10, all ping request to 192.168.1.1 time out.

also the power light turns off then on every once in a while.

is my router briked? can it be fixed?
Sponsor
D-Rock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its strange that a wifi card would see the router if it were bricked. Lemme ask a question here. On your wifi card you said it wont connect. Do you mean it wont establish a connection to the router or it wont establish a connection to the internet. If you cant establish a connection with the router over wifi then move on to a wired connection because your hopes are over in that aspect. Once you move over to a wired connection try assigning yourself a static ip address. Assign yourself the address 192.168.1.100 After you have done that then try to ping the router (192.168.1.1) if you recieve NO response then your router is bricked. Its time to invest in a jtag and start looking up pinouts. If you can ping it then you can try to tftp the firmware again. That has been known to work. If you arent comfortable with your skills on the tftp, Linksys made a nice and simple tftp utility which can be found via google pretty easily.

Before you flashed DD-WRT onto your V8 did you bother to read the forty something page forum on V8 flashing instructions? I'm assuming not because this is probably the reason your router is bricked. The V8 have different revisions as we have found out. The most common is a samsung flash chip, which is supported. The second most common is the EON flash chip, which is causing lots and lots of problems and is not supported. And there are reports of a third flash chip on a V8 and I want to say it was an Intel Flash chip but i cant remember and im pretty sure thats not supported either. If you end up having to JTAG your router I suggest putting the original firmware back on it until all of this is sorted out by Brainslayer.Best of luck to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: