WHR-HP-G54 Transmitter power measurements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 23:58    Post subject: Re: GeeTek has arriven frrom the ashes Reply with quote
billbahamas wrote:
It's a little early in the day for him.
GeeTek give me some power outputs guesses for the Asus WL-520 GU before you drink the worm.

Bill, I know nothing about that radio and could not even hazard an educated guess at the moment. A wild guess is that it would be on par with the typical consumer radio at around 120 mW with DD-WRT set high. I'll see if I can dig up some specs on the electronics and get a more educated guess for you. Too late to save your pet worm for today by the way. I'm closing in on his cousin already.

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Sponsor
VTCop
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
It would be interesting to a lot of folks, self included, to know what rf output the various mW settings in SP1 produce so as to know more precisely a safe level of operation for long range links,

Quote:
My application for dd-wrt is for long distance links (25+ km), so I need to be able to adjust the ACK (acknowledge) timing. This is not available in dd-wrt v24, which is necessary for the WHR-G125s.

Im interested in long link (7Km). What about this?
I have put v24 final in my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, must I put v23 SP1?
In my v24 final ACK timing is available Why tparris tells that in v24 is not available?
Why SP1 is more precisely at safe level of operation for long range links?

Thanks a lot tparris for his measures and GeekTek for his info and test.
LLigetfa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
VTCop wrote:
Why tparris tells that in v24 is not available?
I don't know where you read that since I cannot find a tparris post newer than last year and V24 for only released recently. He could only have commented on an early beta.

Navigation

Jump to: