TJTAG - EJTAG De-Brick tool - IMPORTANT CHANGE:See 1st Post.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Author Message
JESUS1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greetings to everyone.

Hi, i have a bricked (leds lan on, power led flashing) WRT54GL V1.1 code CL7Bxx, i was trying to unbricked using the program tjtag3-0-1 and a passive hdm jtag cable but without success. Using the command tjtag -probeonly /noemw the program recognizes without problem de chip procesor (BCM5352 Rev 1) and flash (Sansung K8D3216UBC), also i am able to execute the commands tjtag -erase:wholeflash /noemw and tjtag -flash:cfe /noemw with success, after erase the wholeflash i made a backup of the cfe to chek if the blocks are clean (FFFFFFFFFFF) and the result was ok. After that i use the command tjtag -flash:cfe /noemw and the result it ok too but after do the power cicling the results are the same the wrt54gl continues bricked (Leds lan on power flashing).

So what do you think about it? i should place the missing 4,7K resistors in the jtag connector? should i use a wiggler jtag cable instead of hdm passive jtag cable?. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks for you attention and patience
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12748
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESUS1981 wrote:
Greetings to everyone.

Hi, i have a bricked (leds lan on, power led flashing) WRT54GL V1.1 code CL7Bxx, i was trying to unbricked using the program tjtag3-0-1 and a passive hdm jtag cable but without success. Using the command tjtag -probeonly /noemw the program recognizes without problem de chip procesor (BCM5352 Rev 1) and flash (Sansung K8D3216UBC), also i am able to execute the commands tjtag -erase:wholeflash /noemw and tjtag -flash:cfe /noemw with success, after erase the wholeflash i made a backup of the cfe to chek if the blocks are clean (FFFFFFFFFFF) and the result was ok. After that i use the command tjtag -flash:cfe /noemw and the result it ok too but after do the power cicling the results are the same the wrt54gl continues bricked (Leds lan on power flashing).

So what do you think about it? i should place the missing 4,7K resistors in the jtag connector? should i use a wiggler jtag cable instead of hdm passive jtag cable?. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks for you attention and patience


What caused the router to need the attention of jtag? If it was running fine and then one morning you woke up and the router took a crap, odds are it has suffered a hardware failure of some sort and is not repairable.

Flash the cfe, backup the cfe, and compare the backup with the cfe file you flashed. If they compare identical, you either flashed a bad cfe or you router is fubar.

_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
JESUS1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi barryware thanks for the quickly answer.



Quote:
What caused the router to need the attention of jtag? If it was running fine and then one morning you woke up and the router took a crap, odds are it has suffered a hardware failure of some sort and is not repairable


In fact i wasnt use it too much because i have a asus wl500, so yes, one day i want to used for make a few tests and it was bricked (leds lan on and the power flashing)


Quote:
Flash the cfe, backup the cfe, and compare the backup with the cfe file you flashed. If they compare identical, you either flashed a bad cfe or you router is fubar


I am already made that test and the result was success. I made a backup of the cfe that i flash to the router and after that i use a hex editor to compare with the original backup and both are identical.
JESUS1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
So any other suggestion for my fubar router?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12748
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESUS1981 wrote:
So any other suggestion for my fubar router?


Try a different cfe.. maybe the one you used was either mis-labeled or is corrupt. Same thing.. flash, backup & compare.

After that if the problem persists, your router is busted.. It happens..

Sorry for your loss.

_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
JESUS1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi barryware, thanks a lot for you answers, i have another question, it about the tjtag 3.0.2 RC2, wont work for me, did not recognizes my router it like that the router was off, but the 3.0.1 version works fine. why?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12748
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESUS1981 wrote:
Hi barryware, thanks a lot for you answers, i have another question, it about the tjtag 3.0.2 RC2, wont work for me, did not recognizes my router it like that the router was off, but the 3.0.1 version works fine. why?


Dunno.. When Tornado posted the software, he did say feedback welcome. It is an RC (release candidate). Maybe it needs a tweak. I use 2.1.4 on the legacy routers.

_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
remixtyle
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Debrick WRT320n Reply with quote
Hello,

I've make my new flash chip on the router printboard. So what are the steps that I've to do for debrick my router correctly? It's a WRT320n!
Thank you!! I like to hear what I've to do.


Last edited by remixtyle on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04; edited 2 times in total
JESUS1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi to everyone. The image below is the diagram for a wiggler buffered jtag cable included in the folder Tjtag 3.0.1, somebody here was build this adapter? i builded and dont work it all.

I used the command Tjtag -probeonly /wiggler and nothing happened.

This diagram works for a WRT54G?


remixtyle
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESUS1981 wrote:
Hi to everyone. The image below is the diagram for a wiggler buffered jtag cable included in the folder Tjtag 3.0.1, somebody here was build this adapter? i builded and dont work it all.

I used the command Tjtag -probeonly /wiggler and nothing happened.

This diagram works for a WRT54G?




Yes, I've build this adapter on a print. My adapter worked perfect, but because I've a WRT320n I can't solve my problem. But I'm 100% sure that my adapter is working.
Maybe is this your problem>
Pin 14 of the diagram is the VCC, but probably in your router it isn't, so you have to connect the VCC to your routers VCC. Can you upload a image of your print? Then can I see if there is something wrong. And I work with a special version of Tjtag. So I think that you have to ask if you can get that version, because my interface don't still work on your Tjtag version.
Can you give me a PM?
ravenido
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Dec 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 21:00    Post subject: could not start giveio on win 7 x64 Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I've tried installing and starting giveio.sys on my win7 x64 PC and i receive an "unexpected error" when i start giveio.sys. I was able to successfully install it though.

Is this giveio.sys known NOT to work on wi 7 x64 PCs? If it should work, please let me know how to start it.

Thank you
bababooey
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've read some guides on using a jtag adapter and the thing that worries me is that I read claims of a usb adapter being inferior to a jtag adapter that utilizes a parallel port. I never used a jtag adapter, and looking to get the tjtag. I just want to verify if there is any difference betwen a p port and a usb port tjtag adapter besides the obvious price difference? I have a ibm rack server and a laptop with no p port inputs on either machines. Anyways I hope someone can help me out so I can order the adapter. Oh and I run Ubuntu Natty 11.04 64bit, and Lucid 10.04 both linux. I can always use kvm, vbox, vmware, to load windows np. Thanks
PrimPast
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 286

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
bababooey wrote:
I just want to verify if there is any difference betwen a p port and a usb port tjtag adapter besides the obvious price difference?


Where have you found a USB jtag adapter that actually works. I didn't think that there was one....yet.
RogFanther
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 156

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are some, usbjtag.com comes to mind.

But they are not compatible with tjtag, that is the standard software used around here. If you try to use that, you are most on your own.

A pci parallel card is cheap, and solve the issue of computers missing the parallel port.
remixtyle
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19    Post subject: Thank you Barryware Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

Barryware has solved my problem with the router. I had to send the chip, that I had bought in Hong-Kong, to barryware. Barryware flashed the chip and send him back to me. I soldered it into the router and the router will work perfect so far.
Router: WRT 320N

Jtag doesn't work with this router, so this was the only solution to solve my router. Barryware, many thanks.

Greetings,

Remixtyle, Martijn T.
The Netherlands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 83, 84, 85  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 79 of 85
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum