TJTAG - EJTAG De-Brick tool - IMPORTANT CHANGE:See 1st Post.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
That I wouldn´t know. Re-read Ramponis guide, confirm the steps you made in setting cygwin and the jtag software.

Also, check your cable.

Before starting with writings to the flash, build the serial conversor and take a look at boot messages.
Sponsor
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I checked the cable many times - is ok.My cable is wiggler unbuffered - 1 transistor+8 rezistors.I have used all the softwares from ramponis web page and also urjtag for linux.The result is the same : the cpu is detected but the flash - no. I wonder if it is better to build a buffered wiggler cable or there is no suppoert for Macronix MX29LV800BTC-90 which I understood is a 8-bit flash? Any ideeas?
Thank you.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
The flash is found:

Code:

dev ID=005b man ID=00c2
Using CFI flash chip detection, not jedec
Flash not found!

Manufacturer ID 0x00c2 is Macronix and device ID 0x005B is MX29LV800.
Your problem is that your jtag program does not know this flash, it is not in its flash chip list and hence you get "Flash not found"
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I was thinking about this one also.Can somebody include this flash in the flash list??Thank you.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
andreiursan wrote:
Hello.I was thinking about this one also.Can somebody include this flash in the flash list??Thank you.

Sorry but the program Jtag Tools is not being maintained here and you are the first one I see using it.
You'll have to ask for flash chip support at the place where you got it from.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for reply.So the conclusion is that the jtag cable is ok but only the chip model is not in the file ??
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.Can I fix the problem by modifiyng the jedec.c file?
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
The guy with the DWL-2100 can follow the Ramponis guide.

You, as you have a slightly different hardware, must read and understand what is done, so that you can modify the procedures to your hardware.
As for modifying the software, you would do better asking in the site/forum of urjtag / openjtag. I believe you downloaded it from sourceforge ? There is a forum there, otherwise there are other forums that talk about it.
Rechmp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello guys.
I have bricked my WRT54GL by flashing tomato (dunno how it can be, i flashed it over 9000 times before). No router alltime flashing only with power led, but if i plug any lan cable - lan led lights up and blinkong when i ping router.
So i soldered jtag cable, tested all wires with ohmmeter, and connected my router to pc via jtag cable.
Driver works, programm shows that all ok, bit with -probeonly command terminal shows me that he cant find my cpu version.
I even dunno now, what i do wrong, may be u can help me with advice?

- Windows XP SP2, all interrupts on printer port enabled.
- Jtag pins 11 and 12 on router can be not connected, right?

Thank you.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. Me again about ar2313+mx29lv800btc and the wiggler jtag cable.Today I discovered something wierd : with the jtag cable connected to the paralel port if I plug a lan cable to my bricked router - I have link on the lan ! And even I see the lan LED from the bricked blinking sometimes.How is this posible?If I disconect the jtag cable from the parallel port, I do not have link on the lan cable. Weird !!!
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rechmp, you will get better help if you start a new thread in the Broadcom forum.

Andreiursan, with the jtag cable connected the processor is reset or in a undetermined state. Never mind the leds before you can successfuly detect the flash.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:33    Post subject: no boot Reply with quote
Hello.News.I managed to find a similar AP.I did a wholeflash backup with tjtag3.0.1 (/fc:01) .I managed to write it on a bricked AP using brjtag (/fc:002 = MX29LV800BTC) software.The writing went well, I did a backup after that and I saw that the information is there, inside ,but it does not boot, I do not see nothing on serial console, no link on LAN, reset switch does not have effect before applying power or after .Any ideeas? Thank you.
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
A similar, or the exact same model?

Before flashing, did you see something in the serial console ?

Did you create a thread in the Atheros forum ? Saw a post of yours in openwrt, but it was old.

Also, did you make a backup from the wholeflash after the fact, and a binary comaparision to the file you used to flash ? ARe they exactly the same, or the bytes appear out of order ?
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.Thank you for reply.The working AP is exactly the same model.After I wrote the fulflash on the bricked AP , I checked with the serial console and nothing happens.I did checked the information from the flash with the backup from the good AP and looks to be the same.What could be the problem? Thank you.
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have some backup from before you deleted or wrote anything to the AP? Compare it and see if the beginning of the file is similar.

After writing with jtag, you did a backup from the bricked AP, and compared it to the file you used to flash, is that right ? And it was the same file ?

You mention to have used tjtag and brjtag. Do both operations ( backup from the good AP, write to the bad AP ) with the same software.

Before trying to write the image to the bad AP, open it in a hex editor and see if it really is a good backup. You should find some strings from the bootloader, etc. Since both softwares can´t detect the flash type, it is possible you are just creating a file with garbage, and writing part ( or even nothing ) of it to the bad AP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 81 of 84
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: