Cheap $18 Belkin router - 300mbps with USB port from Amazon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
jman584
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 19:27    Post subject: Cheap $18 Belkin router - 300mbps with USB port from Amazon Reply with quote
It's DD-WRT compatible N router. This is the cheapest I've seen one with a USB port. Has anyone used any? I'm thinking of buying it and putting DD-WRT on it.

Link to router

Edit: I bought one and put DD-WRT on it following the instructions in this guide, and it works great. Really good specs for the price: 64 MB of Ram, 8 MB of flash, and a Broadcom BCM4718 @ 480MHz.

Edit: Price dropped from $20 to $18

Last edited by jman584 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 0:28; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
jayjr1105
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice specs for the price plus USB and DD-WRT compatibility is awesome for $18. No external antenna's is kind of a bummer and the reviews are terrible but those are probably people using stock firmware.
pauldarr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
The price went back up to $20 but I thought I would give it a try. This is my first DD-WRT router and I installed the software right away. So far everything is running well.
Ragu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:45    Post subject: Belkin F7D3302 v1 on DD-WRT Reply with quote
Yes this is not a bad starter router foe vpn and to tell you truth it runs better on DD-WRT that stock firmware. I have started using DD-WRT on 4 routers now this one Asus-N66u which is super fast, an old D-link 615 it was a disappointment because it lack Open VPN bummer.. All in all your Belkin will keep you happy.. Very Happy
screwballl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had that same model for 3 years now. The first one started having hardware issues within 9 months: wifi dropping off every few hours, sporadic speed issues where it would run full speed for a few minutes then slow down and lose connection, then reconnect a few minutes later to restart that cycle. The LAN ports seemed to connect fine to the router itself, so it was wifi/WAN side having issues. It even did it with the stock firmware so I knew it was hardware related. Then ran into same thing almost a year later with second one.
Both times I was able to reflash to stock firmware and send back to Belkin under warranty where they sent me a new one (Serial # changed). That third one has been working fine now for the last year, but now I also unplug the power for 10-15 minutes every 3-4 months to allow it to rest and recycle.
Luckily it is just a side router for Wifi and an HTPC so it is not my main critical whole house router (which is WRT54G with dd-wrt).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: