Just flashed it to RC5. Restored NVRAM, noticed the time was incorrect, went to setup, changed the time to correct setting, hit apply and NOW THE GUI IS GONE, no response via HTTP.
Powered off the router, repowered, still no GUI. aaaaaAAAAAARGH!!!!
Help please! How do I get the GUI back?
Now I am getting no WAN (I am using daughter's aircard to post this), so this is going from bad to worse. I can telnet to the router, but I dont know any of the commands or their syntax, and the wiki doesnt seem helpful on this point.
Please advise, what do I do to get my router back to working?
Joined: 16 Jun 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 17:12 Post subject:
The same thing almost happened to me on my g125. I quickly unplugged the router for about 5 seconds and plugged it back in. It seems to be OK, except the Web GUI is no longer password prompting - for some reason even though I have it to do such. _________________ E3000 (converted from WRT610NV2)
ASUS RT-N56U Firmware 188.8.131.52 (reverted from 184.108.40.206)
I am having the same problem...no GUI with RC5. I have wired connection throug router, but no wireless. Tried everything mentioned in this thread..still no GUI. Can telnet in...what are the commands to upload through telnet??
1. started cmd shell and set to ping repeatedly. No reply
2. unpluged my router and pluged in to laptop using 1 cat5 cable to port "1" on router
3. used "tftpd32"...a program I found online..do a search if you need it...got it ready to PUT RC4 mini back into router.
4. reset computer IP to 192.168.1.2.....started getting ping reply from router.
5. hit "put" from tftp program...successful transmission
6. watched ping..stopped...started...stopped....started again....green light now solid.
7. reconnected to main computer home network and flashed generic version of RC4
All is good....thanks to those how offered some assistance.