New WRT54G v8.1, v8.2; GS v7.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
ThunderBolt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
blu wrote:
using the same process for the gs v7 i was able to upload dd wrt to gs 7.2 with out any problems

Great! :D

Did it have it's RAM increased to 16MB after the update?
[]'s

Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
then buy a device which has 16mb already! and not this crap hardware!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys! this is my first post.
I've a new toy, WRT54G v8.2.

I need to know if it's safe to install dd-wrt at now in the 8.2 version or need to wait some time to try it (talking about firmware compatibility).
It's safe to apply the vxworks_killer bin ?

Sorry I'm new user with a "conflictive" device.

My Regards..
Qmax
kusanagi-sama
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed Brainslayer's build 9414 RC7 on my new WRT54G v8.2 and the existing instructions for installing on the v8 work on the v8.2, using VXWorkskiller and all.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, v8.2 is fully supported. Use instructions for v8.
sitkom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 21:17    Post subject: v8.2 issues WRT54G v8.2.05 firmware Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Yes, v8.2 is fully supported. Use instructions for v8.

Followed DD-WRT v8 instructions to the T and nearly bricked my router.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/How_To_Flash_the_WRT54Gv8

None of the described behavior happened on mine, no reboots, no ping-ability, etc.

I got the unit back to the land of the living after power-in & hold the reset for 20 sec, loading the revert fw at the mgmt console (nothing apparently happening except the browser timing out again), cold booting again (plug power, hold reset 20sec), reloading 8.2.05 (jan '08 ) again no response from router just timeout on the browser window and finally doing the 'hold reset-plug in power-release 1 sec-hold 20 sec' and then pressing the Cisco label on the front (accidentally) which sent the label flashing white from orange. BUT, it finally responded to both ping and http and was back in biz loading 8.2.05 yee ha!

I never see any mention of that cisco button on the front... what is it and why won't the vxworkskiller work as described. Is it the reset procedure that has changed? Did i miss something fundamental?

Thanks for the guidance
-sitkom
intruder2050
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:38    Post subject: Firmware wrt54g v8.0 and v8.2 Reply with quote
I tried to change the firmware to the dd-wrt usiing what was said in this site http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/How_To_Flash_the_WRT54Gv8 but, after changing it, I couldn't connect to internet. So I tried to return to the original firmware. As was said: "Use the firmware upgrade dialog to flash your original linksys firmware WRT54Gv8_v8.00.0_fw.bin. When the upgrade success screen comes up wait 2 minutes. " I thought that it was the firmware just for the v8.0. So, I tried the website of the linksys and downloaded the firmware that, in the site, was classified as the firmware "8.2.05 - 1/18/2008. The problem: after I did what was said to return to the original firmware, and installed this firmware, in my router setup, it is "Firmware Version: v8.00.5 build 002, Jan. 9, 2008".

Ok:Do they (v8.0 and v.8.2) use the same firmware, or the site is wrong?

Thank's a lot.
bkgwatfiv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18    Post subject: wrt54g Ver 8.1 Reply with quote
Noob question on wrt54g Ver 8.1---
I've scanned a great number of threads and, due to my own technical shortcomings, find myself in a state of confusion. My question-can I use the dd-wrt firmware to set this up as an access point to join an xbox360 to an already established network? I read somewhere on one of these forums that this router could be flashed and used as an access point for xbox or other internet-able devices. If this is possible, what is the version that should be used? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Last edited by bkgwatfiv on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19; edited 1 time in total
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes
and
any version that works with your hardware

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:41    Post subject: successful on a GSv7.2 Reply with quote
Just bought a WRT54GS at Wal-Mart tonight. Then I printed out this page of instructions: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/How_To_Flash_the_WRT54GS_v7

And just followed the directions at the very bottom. Up and running with v24 micro within 5 minutes! My serial starts with CGNE. Thanks for all the info!
eddie97044
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already put dd-wrt micro on the version 7.2 of WRT54GS. However if your going to do jtag on this model it has the revision 3 Broadcom 5354KFBG chipset which is not supported by the tjtag v2. I have another post call "Broadcom BCM5354 V.3 ???? tjtag issue" That has an updated tjtag.c source file for the version 3 chipset. Tornadoe has confirmed this is version 3 and will be included in his next release of tjtag utility.

FCC ID: Q87-WRT54GSV72

Only has 2Mb EON EN29LV160AB (BotB) Flash
Broadcom Rev.3 BCM5354KFBG Chipset
Has 16Mb ISSI IS42S16800A-7TL SDRAM
Only has pins for One UART(Serial) and does have 12 pin JTAG

Asus - RT-N16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: