Cant Ping or Telnet on the Local Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Buddypup
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 17:08    Post subject: Cant Ping or Telnet on the Local Network Reply with quote
I have a 54G v5 running dd-wrt v24. The unit is used as the router for a small wireless network (900 Mhz). The 54G is fed by a T1 line and in turn feeds a Waverider CCU3000 (Base unit). I monitor the local network from one of the modems on the network. Setup works great in general except I cant ping or telnet anywhere on the local network. I can ping and telnet outside the local network on the Web. If I insert a 54G running Linksys firmware, ping and telnet work everywhere.

I have tried changing the settings on the router control panel to allow/disallow pinging and telnet although I understand that these controls only apply to the router itself.

I badly need to be able to ping and telnet to manage the network. Your help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: