errors during redboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
pegler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 22:30    Post subject: errors during redboot Reply with quote
I have a la fonera, and got the firmware downgraded and everything up to the point where I need to flash the firmware. I am following this tutorial: http://uselesshacks.com/?p=23 . When I run the "fis init" commend I get a bunch of errors.

/home/alpha/Atheros_Beta5.0/linuxsrc/src/reboot_fon1/ecos/packages/devs/mips/ar531c/current/src/ae531xecos.c#390:ae531x_send AHB ERROR: AR531X_DEBUG_ERROR = 00000001

That is just the first error. There are 3 others very similar to that one.

What may have caused something was I wasn't able to telnet into the router, so I restarted it a bunch of times and tried to reset it, thinking I had bricked it. I didn't, because I am now in it via telnet. What do these errors mean?

Thanks,
Matt
Sponsor
lolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess you have a 2200 fonera, because this is normal on the newer versions. I don't know why they are produced, but you can ignore them. I link them to network activity, because they usually appear when the NIC is working. So if you're still pinging the fonera, stop the ping and some of the messages will stop appearing.
Simon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is error messages from the RedBoot bootloader of fon2200. The fon2100 does not have this issue. You may be able to backup a fon2100 bootlader and replace the fon2200 with that of the fon2100. They suppose to have nearly identical hardware. Maybe someone can compile a better RedBoot bootloader for everyone to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: