WRT300N v1.1 - Now supported! - See page 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
imix7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope, both bins work great. i had no problem. u might have to hard reset after the first flash to clear the old settings from linksys. i had the linksys setting on mine, i did a hard reset and all was well after. i did flash mine to mega build. works fine. thanks bs, again for supporting this router.
Sponsor
nbdwt73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks BS - this works great. Some quick feedback... I have a WRT300N V1 and a V1.1. The new load doesn't look like it supports the "N" radio (it is not in the drop-down for wireless setup). Everything else seems to work exactly as the V1.
imix7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
nbdwt73, i had the same problem after flashing, i had to hard reset and then u will have the N-mode on wifi section.
nbdwt73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep - I see that now. Thanks. What is wierd is that even after a hard reset, but before connecting to the WAN, it was missing. It was only after a reset and WAN connection that it showed up.

Anyway, again, good job BS...
Maxkaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your great work!!!!
beowulfs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
so, i bricked mine. it comes up with all lights on. i can reset it by holding in reset while powering on and then pulling power and putting power back on again. this lets me get a good tftp flash:

C:\Users\user\Desktop>tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT WRT300NV11_1.51.2_US_code.bin WRT300NV11_1.51.2_US_code.bin
Transfer successful: 3703808 bytes in 11 second(s), 336709 bytes/s

but, lan light one only keeps flashing. ping still responds during this time. if i reset again or pull power, i get all lights solid and wireless slow flashing (no security)again and no ping response.

any ideas?
tdunks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone know what the max safe tx is for this router?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
beowulfs wrote:
so, i bricked mine. .
any ideas?

Try Linksys's tftp tool.
Osni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 15:38    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote
Hi all,

First, I want to say thanks to the DD-WRT development team, you guys are awesome!

This will be the first time I'll use DD-WRT, and I'd like if someone can answer me a few questions:

1 - What's the difference between the mini and mega versions, which one should I get?

2 - To hard reset the router, I need to hold the RESET button in the back of the router, plug in the power cord, wait for 30 seconds, remove the power cord and release the RESET button... Is that correct?

3 - If something goes wrong during or after the update, the procedure to get the router back working with Linksys firmware is the one stated in page #15 by bash64? Does it work in Windows?

Thank you again BS, for finally getting it to work with 300N v1.1 and Maxkaos, for sending him the router! Wink
beowulfs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks eko.

the linksys tool alone did not do it. i had to do a hot reset. a power cycle reset didn't work, so i was fooling around and this is what i came up with.

set the linksys tool to upgrade to 192.168.1.1
select the file.
no password.
set retry to 10.
leave it open, but don't upgrade yet.

plug network cable into port 4 (don't think it matters as long as it's not wan) and computer with ip of 192.168.1.2 and mask of 255.255.255.0 on computer.

start a ping in a command window.
ping 192.168.1.1 -t

plug in power to router.
hit upgrade on linksys tool.
hold down reset button on router.
at some point the linksys tool should be successful.
after it is, immediately release the reset button and WAIT. it took like 5 minutes for me, but this was the first time the power light actually came on with the only other light for the port i was using.

the ping will time out. eventually it will come back. at this point you can logon to the router with 192.168.1.1. blank username and password of admin. if this doesn't work, hold down the reset button on the router until the pinging stops again and then release it. when the pinging resumes, you should now be able to log on.

i used the WRT300NV11_1.51.2_US_code.bin default linksys firmware from the linksys site. after that was installed and i could access it, i upgraded to brainslayer's mini and then mega in this thread. BrainSlayer, you rock too.

if you people haven't donated at least $20, you really should do so. This software kicks everything's ass, and you're using it for free. i don't understand why someone hasn't tried to outsource it yet. why would they continue to develop in house firmware when this is so much better?

Thank loads to all. time to replace my WAP54GL. well, no really. time to augment it.
fastest963
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
FINALLY!!! I've been waiting years for the day when DD-WRT supported my v1.1

just one question, if I hard reset (30 secs then off then 30 secs still then back on) will I lose all configuration data, like ports, etc.? If so, does DD-WRT support importing from a Linksys backup?

Thanks
mmp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 16:44    Post subject: wrt-300n v2 - Does anyone know if it works? Reply with quote
Hi everyone. :)

I can se on the Supported Devices page...
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Linksys
That the v2 is using Atheros NIC.

Notes for running DD-WRT says: "device needed for port -> pm BrainSlayer"
( Embarassed What does that mean?)

Is there anyone who has experience with version 2 of wrt-300n?

It is my first time, with dd-wrt, but proberley not the last... Wink
SpecialOpZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:45    Post subject: works great Reply with quote
I've been waiting a while for the day of dd-wrt since my friend turned me on to it.

Both bins work great. I had to hard reset as well to get my wireless working.

Thanks
fastest963
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is not yet fully working because wireless-n uses 20mhz and 40mhz with 20mhz topping out at 130mbps so your not going to be able to get up to 270 mbps with DD-WRT because 40mhz is not supported
(thanks to Knasher)
peskypescado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So are you saying that even if it shows 270mbps on the wireless status page that it won't go to 270mbps? I have a WRT310N and a WRT160N that I'm trying to bridge wirelessly where both show >130mbps connections, but get slow speeds. Is that for sure confirmed? The details of my problem are posted here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: