WRT300N v1.1 - Now supported! - See page 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Sokar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

I have a WRT300N v2 (gray case)

If I send It to BrainSlayer....
Would He return it to me after porting a DD-WRT version for this router?

I have send a MP to him several weeks ago without reply.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
should be no prob to return it but i think he has already a device on his desk. but i dont know exactly
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
should be no prob to return it but i think he has already a device on his desk. but i dont know exactly

How can we know about if he has a device? Confused:

In the other hand, I have found this Linksys oficial link to all GPL license (drivers/firmware??) of all his routers, and the WRT300N is in here.

http://www-es.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=ES%2FLayout&cid=1137450830277&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Can this help him to port the router to DD-WRT?
csdahlberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hadn't checked this thread for a few months, and was thrilled to see v1.1 is now supported.

The dd-wrt.v24-9856_NEWD_mega.bin version flashed successfully and LAN/WIFI is working. However, I often get a blank "apply.cgi" (no HTML source at all) when clicking the "Apply settings" or "Save" buttons on any of the pages. Sometimes, unplugging/re-plugging the power cable allows me to save a few settings changes before it starts happening again. Is this a known issue?

edit:
It affects Firefox, but it works fine in Internet Explorer. I'll look into it more after work.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi

this is a known bug in firefox and a general problem in dd-wrt Sad

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply, and good to know it wasn't me screwing things up.

I was about to go buy a new, VPN-enabled router, but checked if dd-wrt was working on v1.1 yet. I'll donate some here, instead. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
Maxkaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Brainslainer,
when U can resend my WRT300 v1.1?

Thx
gavilanz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 13:44    Post subject: Flashing issues and 802.11/N support on WRT300N 1.1 Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to tell you people that the work you are doing is awesome.

You have made hundreds of 100U$s average wifi routers into a supercharged Ferrari, that almost makes coffe too (probably in firmware v.26 ) Razz

The second thing is:

I have a WRT300N V1.1 that I would like to flash with the dd-wrt firmware; I´d like you to tell me if this procedure is OK:

1- Hard reset (which will set the default configs)

2- Flash it from WEB GUI with the firmware located at:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/v24-sp1/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT300N_v1.1

and named: dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt300nv11.bin

3- Reboot router

4- Flash it AGAIN from WEB GUI with the firmware located at:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/v24-sp1/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT300N_v1.1

BUT named: dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin

(in order to get all the functions)

5- Reboot router

The third thing is:

Does this firmware supports the 802.11/N standard on this router or it works only with 802.11 b/g ?

Im sorry if Im asking already made questions but Im kind of newbbie in this subjects and if I screw up Im going to get killed for bricking the router, specially here in Argentina which this router costs 200 U$S or, (which is worse), 600AR$ (Argentinian pesos).

Thanks a LOT Again

Gavilanz
bunz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
just flashed a new 310N with the mini_310n, then std_generic.

working really well so far :D

thanks for the hard work
loreak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed my WRT300N V1.1 with the v24 sp1 that BS posted earlier and tried a newer one as well under downloads. Both had problems with the WIFI, under status/wireless it lists the radio as error.

Disabling the wireless security turns the radio off.
Setting the wireless channel does nothing, its always on channel 1.
My WPA/WPA2 password will not change even after i save/reboot and apply settings.
I can't connect to the wifi at all when security is enabled, it just fails to connect.
Maxkaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
loreak wrote:
I just flashed my WRT300N V1.1 with the v24 sp1 that BS posted earlier and tried a newer one as well under downloads. Both had problems with the WIFI, under status/wireless it lists the radio as error.

Disabling the wireless security turns the radio off.
Setting the wireless channel does nothing, its always on channel 1.
My WPA/WPA2 password will not change even after i save/reboot and apply settings.
I can't connect to the wifi at all when security is enabled, it just fails to connect.

Try reset to default settings
loreak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashing to another version with the same results, but then I did try resetting to defaults and it started working great. I did have one additional problem where after making several changes when you would apply it would go directly to the apply.cgi or whatever the filename is and not apply anything. I had to do a hard reset and then i was able to make changes again.
Maxkaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
loreak wrote:
I flashing to another version with the same results, but then I did try resetting to defaults and it started working great. I did have one additional problem where after making several changes when you would apply it would go directly to the apply.cgi or whatever the filename is and not apply anything. I had to do a hard reset and then i was able to make changes again.

Look if U have a software firewall (like Kerio, Zone Alarm, etc.). This software can block some cgi application.

If u have, try to disable the firewall protection when make changes.
buli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
I have Linksys WRT300N v2.0. It has chipset PRIXP420BB, 4MB Flash (29LV320CB), Ethernet ports 88E6060-RCJ1 and RTL8201CP. I need bootloader or fullflash to my router. So I have request: If anybody can help me please contact sbuli@poczta.onet.pl.
Thanks.
supaneko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK... So I have a this router (v1.1) and I would love to put DD-WRT on it (had extreme success on various other routers).

Is this as easy as uploading the mini firmware via the Linksys admin page and then uploading the mega firmware via the new DD-WRT page?

I will be installing it to boost the range of the router. Has anyone determined what the highest setting for Tx power is without causing too much signal noise?

And Mr. BrainSlayer, sir: MANY THANKS! Finally a solution for my friends with wireless-N! Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: