Netgear WGR614 v7 possible ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
madman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
v7 don't have a broadcom chipset?

s**t
Sponsor
ns308
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:54    Post subject: one to spare Reply with quote
I have a wgr614 v7 that i am not using and am willing to donate it if it will get it working for the others. Someone let me know and it is all Brainslayers.
gfather
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news about it guys , i hope its supported now , pleas update as with any new info
mp5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Netgear WGR 614 V7- Use as an extender? Reply with quote
I am running a linksys w/ the DD-WRT firmware as my primary router. I have a Netgear WGR 614 V7 sitting in a box. I was wondering if it is possible to use it as a range extender of sorts and connect a couple of PC's to it instead of having to have WiFi adapters on each PC. The DD-WRT doc shows how to do this with both devices running DD-WRT. I have a couple PC's connected to a Netgear printserver/hub, it works great. I just hate to buy more stuff when I might be able to utilize what I have.

any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Bill
AlexH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on this matter yet? I've still got my Netgear WGR614v7 in the hopes that DD-WRT will (at some point) become available for it! Did Brainslayer ever receive the one sent to him?
Any info at all would be greatly appreciated - either a time estimate on this model being supported, or even a note to say it'll never be supported. Either one would be useful!

Cheers in advance.
geramy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:08    Post subject: WGR614v7 Reply with quote
any firmwares for this yet even everything anyone would want is through telnet lol client mode repeater mode but vlient mode only bridges wifi to one computer ethernet yes is there any updates
housegroove23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have V7 and would like to know if this can be done or not. Thank you for all of your hard work. Very Happy
geramy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:43    Post subject: WGR614v7 Reply with quote
It has no firmware encryotion its unlocked
geramy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:49    Post subject: hey Reply with quote
dude BS come one dude id love to use all ethernet ports on this im doing wifi to ethernet bridge atleast show me were to learn this stuff well thanks ive been here for about a few weeks and had no help or replys what so ever i dont even know to even post here anymore i think its a waist of time now Sad sad could have had another programer on the team i know C++
srimo01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer, i sent you an Email asking if this device is even considered on the support roadmap for DD-WRT but did not recieve a response. This thread has been going on for 2 years now, it would be nice to either answer the queries people have or Lock this thread.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
2 things to mention

1. WE NEED A DEVICE
2. U WONT GET IT BACK

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have the Unitymedia WGR614 v7 version at home. Actually I would really like to get DD-WRT on it, but I also would like to get it back (I only got one Wink). At the start of the thread it was said it will be shipped back, now it is stated, it will not be returned. As there where some people already willing to donate, wouldn't it now be possible to buy one? (Probably it is difficult to get exactly that v7 version.)

I'm also willing to open it and check the HW on mine (but you made clear, you need one at your place). At least also opening up the telnet port as described in the forum for other WGR614 is possible.

I hope there is some outcome on this soon as the original firmware is s..t.
eSTAR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to fill in few gaps Cool
NETGEAR VGR614v7
Hardware Version V7
Firmware Version V2.0.29_2.0.29

Platform version Atheros 2317
Flash 4MB
RAM 16MB
Wireless NIC Atheros(integrated)
Switch ADM6996FC

and OpenWRT >>> Work in Progres(Kamikaze) I HOPE SOON

all the best from Croatia
eSTAR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
ehem Sash and company could contact some of the guru's here http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=15491&p=1
it seems that some of them managed to combine instructions to get some flawa DD-wrt/OpenWRT on our chipset Exclamation

and I HOPE we'll get some solutions and HOW-TO soon
ixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:01    Post subject: Re: donated wgr614 v7 Reply with quote
I have several and would be happy to donate one if that meant getting support into dd-wrt. I am in the US though and wonder if shipping cost is prohibitive vs sourcing one from somewhere in europe...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: