Linksys WRT1900AC/Marvell support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running BS's Dec 15 image on my WRT3200ACM, and WRT1900ACv2. 3200 is main, 1900 is my ap.

@Brainslayer

Tx for the early Xmas present !

I have NEVER had better internet and home network.
Sponsor
frankmontreal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

i have wrt1900acs with dd-wrt ! for some reason im not able to rdp to my machine from outside the network unless i put that machine ip address in DMZ mode ! firewall on the dd-wrt router is off !

is there any other setting i have to turn on/off to allow the rdp traffic to go through ?

the rdp port is configured properly.
markojan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
frankmontreal wrote:
Hello,

i have wrt1900acs with dd-wrt ! for some reason im not able to rdp to my machine from outside the network unless i put that machine ip address in DMZ mode ! firewall on the dd-wrt router is off !

is there any other setting i have to turn on/off to allow the rdp traffic to go through ?

the rdp port is configured properly.

please try here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=666613

you have to fix the ip for the computer on router side so that it gets the same one every time it connects to the router and then add the RDP ports as described in the link above.
frankmontreal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="markojan"][quote="frankmontreal"]Hello,

the rdp port is configured properly.[/quote]

please try here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=666613

you have to fix the ip for the computer on router side so that it gets the same one every time it connects to the router and then add the RDP ports as described in the link above.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with IP being changed ! there is a security setting checked somewhere that prevent rdp to work from outside the network ! when i put that same pc in dmz mode im able to connect
RichMD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28    Post subject: Most reliable build for 1900AC Reply with quote
In the past I had good performance for WIFI and it was stable. I occasionally kept updating thinking there might be new features, etc. At this point, I simply want reliable performance that is "decent" - not the fastest wifi - just good and reliable. I've lost track of what builds fit that.
Any suggestions including setting 2.4Ghz to "N only" and 5Ghz to N/AC, along with full, wide, etc. settings? I know channels and width can vary depending on neighbors but I'd like to know what works well for at least some people and i can try that to start and adjust from there.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39    Post subject: Re: Most reliable build for 1900AC Reply with quote
RichMD wrote:
In the past I had good performance for WIFI and it was stable. I occasionally kept updating thinking there might be new features, etc. At this point, I simply want reliable performance that is "decent" - not the fastest wifi - just good and reliable. I've lost track of what builds fit that.
Any suggestions including setting 2.4Ghz to "N only" and 5Ghz to N/AC, along with full, wide, etc. settings? I know channels and width can vary depending on neighbors but I'd like to know what works well for at least some people and i can try that to start and adjust from there.

This one works well for me. http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 23:20    Post subject: Re: Most reliable build for 1900AC Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
RichMD wrote:

This one works well for me. http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/

Thanks,
Are you using a 1900AC (rather than ACS, etc)?
In the past with some builds I could get 150Mbs on the 5Ghz WIFI but I can't seem to get beyond 17,18 Mbs. I'd be happy to reach 100 again.
What settings do you use for 2.4 and 5Ghz - wide, narrow, power, etc?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a wrt1900ac v1. I always use 20mhz on the 2.4ghz band to be fair to neighbors. On the 5ghz band I use 80, ch 161

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
What kind of WAN throughput can you get from a WRT1200AC/WRT1900AC v1?
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Datlore001 wrote:

You can try looking here http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/old-tools/charts/router/bar/74-wan-to-lan , of course this is running stock firmware and each site tests are usually different.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Datlore001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ATHF wrote:
Datlore001 wrote:

You can try looking here http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/old-tools/charts/router/bar/74-wan-to-lan , of course this is running stock firmware and each site tests are usually different.

Thanks, ATHF. Unfortunately SNB tests with stock firmware. I only want to run DD-WRT. Smile
MichaelYK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Folks,

Been a while since I've ventured into here, I had rolled back to the stock imagine for quite a while, while a few of the bugs were worked out on this image. LOTS of pages to follow up on, so figured I'd just ask.

Last time I was testing this out, there was some ping latency issues to the default gateway when using wireless (~30ms response times), which caused some issues for me on real-time traffic (voice/video calls, gaming).

Anyone aware if this has been fixed in the recent versions? believe it was driver related before, has that been updated and things are running pretty smooth now?
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not having any issues. I am back and forth from DDWRT/LEDE, find them quite similar. With LEDE, I find it just a bit more stable(wireless).

I was running Gargoyle, it was going really well, but for some reason it didn't let me connect online to the Mass Effect servers Sad . Xbox Live - np. Just M.E. .

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
MichaelYK wrote:
Hey Folks,

Been a while since I've ventured into here, I had rolled back to the stock imagine for quite a while, while a few of the bugs were worked out on this image. LOTS of pages to follow up on, so figured I'd just ask.

Last time I was testing this out, there was some ping latency issues to the default gateway when using wireless (~30ms response times), which caused some issues for me on real-time traffic (voice/video calls, gaming).

Anyone aware if this has been fixed in the recent versions? believe it was driver related before, has that been updated and things are running pretty smooth now?

Boy have you been gone for awhile. The ping latency is ancient history. Very Happy I remember the ping issues. They are no more on any of the builds, DD-WRT, LEDE or Gargoyle. If installing DD-WRT I would suggest one of Brainslayer's latest builds. They run well and have good throughput on wireless on my wrt1900acs v1. I am currently running Gargoyle mentioned above.
--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
MichaelYK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:

Boy have you been gone for awhile. The ping latency is ancient history. Very Happy I remember the ping issues. They are no more on any of the builds, DD-WRT, LEDE or Gargoyle. If installing DD-WRT I would suggest one of Brainslayer's latest builds. They run well and have good throughput on wireless on my wrt1900acs v1. I am currently running Gargoyle mentioned above.
--bill

Perfect, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thanks! will grab one of the latest Brainslayer builds.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 151 of 154
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: