Linksys WRT1900AC/Marvell support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
jheide44 check your pm.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just added possibility to upgrade via webif.

Thus general stuff like wifi,ethernet,buttons,leds is implemented now. I haven't looked into vlan support and I know the wifi driver does not have client mode support.

Next step is too run a few test with wireless, if it is usable then a few people can play beta testers:-)
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Kong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="<Kong>"]I just added possibility to upgrade via webif.

Thus general stuff like wifi,ethernet,buttons,leds is implemented now. I haven't looked into vlan support and I know the wifi driver does not have client mode support.

Next step is too run a few test with wireless, if it is usable then a few people can play beta testers:-)[/quote]

yes please do test wireless performance. This router seems to have serious issues with wireless connections. I think thats because of the current open source drivers released by Marvel.
I've been running openwrt on this for a while. Before that i was a long time DD-wrt use.
Count me in for beta testing! Seems like you've implemented the most important stuff.

How about USB? Is that implemented?
pat30724
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Count me in for Beta testing Very Happy. Would love to have DDWRT on all my routers Smile.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
alirz wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
I just added possibility to upgrade via webif.

Next step is too run a few test with wireless, if it is usable then a few people can play beta testers:-)

yes please do test wireless performance. This router seems to have serious issues with wireless connections. I think thats because of the current open source drivers released by Marvel.
I've been running openwrt on this for a while. Before that i was a long time DD-wrt use.
Count me in for beta testing! Seems like you've implemented the most important stuff.

How about USB? Is that implemented?

I just tested this and noticed, that there were a few fs modules missing + a module for usb support for this target was not loaded. It is working now and I did a little benchmark.

26MB/s write
45MB/s read

write seems a little slow and I had problems with one of my drives which was not working at all.

I also ran a test with eSata:

45MB/s write
71MB/s read

these values are pretty cool.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys onl has the most recent firmware on their site. I haven't been able to locate any of the previous ones.
Does anyone have a copy of any f them that I could try out?
The 2.4ghz radio seems to lag. Not as snappy as my rt-ac68p, so I'd like to try one with the old wireless drivers. Web pages seem slow to load.
Unless you are very near with a beta test kong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Linksys onl has the most recent firmware on their site. I haven't been able to locate any of the previous ones.
The 2.4ghz radio seems to lag. Not as snappy as my rt-ac68p, so I'd like to try one with the old wireless drivers. Web pages seem slow to load.

The web upgrade sometimes fails, I'd like to fix this before handing out builds for a few testers.

I also want to find out how to manipulate u-boot env, because this would allow to cycle between linksys and dd-wrt firmware. Right now I have both linksys fw and dd-wrt installed, linksys fw allows to switch to dd-wrt in their webif, if you switch to "previous fw" in linksys webif it will boot dd-wrt, to boot linksys fw again you have to use a command in serial console.It would be cool to add an option in dd-wrt webif to switch to the other install, then you have a way to dual boot:-)
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
That would be awesome. There won't be any problem with spontaneous reverts to linksys as has happened with the other linksys units.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi,
Here is what I found for firmware on Linksys.
http://support.linksys.com/en-us/gplcodecenter
It has 2 older openwrt & an RC firmware linked for the wrt1900

This is for openwrt on said router & has the newest.
https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource
Malachi wrote:

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of openwrt. I found the last release with the previous wifi drivers but it's from a site I've never heard of. Userdrivers.com?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Malachi,
Here is what I found for firmware on Linksys.
http://support.linksys.com/en-us/gplcodecenter
It has 2 older openwrt & an RC firmware linked for the wrt1900

This is for openwrt on said router & has the newest.
https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource
Malachi wrote:

Openwrt has gone mainstream see link for current build:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mvebu/generic/

Before Openwrt went mainstream with their support of the WRT1900AC, there was a group that got a version of Openwrt running on Attitude Adjustment:

https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki

Release page:
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/releases

- I personally started running this one in August 2014, out of the gate it was better then Linksys "Stock".

You may want to check out this forum and read backwards from the current post:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=50173&p=128

AND AFTER ALL THAT..............I would really like to run DD-WRT on this router. The current Chaos Calmer builds are most definitely faster and more stable then Stock firmware.
BUT my experience is with DD-WRT !

See the attachment for the Feb 23 "bot' produced Openwrt Image for the WRT1900AC. the only thing not in the build is the web gui, just need to telnet in and add it manually.

Last edited by LookingForMyMojo on Tue Feb 24, 2015 19:56; edited 6 times in total
alirz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="<Kong>"][quote="alirz"][quote="<Kong>"]I just added possibility to upgrade via webif.

I just tested this and noticed, that there were a few fs modules missing + a module for usb support for this target was not loaded. It is working now and I did a little benchmark.

26MB/s write
45MB/s read

write seems a little slow and I had problems with one of my drives which was not working at all.

I also ran a test with eSata:

45MB/s write
71MB/s read

these values are pretty cool.[/quote]

That is great news. Another step closer Smile
Other basic stuff like startup commands, firewall config (AKA the "commands" section of dd-wrt, is that also there?)
alirz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm one of the people who used Openwrt for the first when i got this router two months ago. I'm running the AA (MCWRT) build since then and its been pretty nice actually. The CC builds are using the newer Marvel wireless drivers which is not great and has some issues with performance along with issues with Apple devices. From what i know, those issues still exist in the latest CC build.
I know DD-wrt has optware, but it would be nice to implement optware software implementation like Openwrt has it in its gui. You can install add on software from the openwrt dashboard which is cool. Though Im comfortable with ssh also Smile
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Malachi wrote:

The web upgrade sometimes fails, I'd like to fix this before handing out builds for a few testers.

I also want to find out how to manipulate u-boot env, because this would allow to cycle between linksys and dd-wrt firmware. Right now I have both linksys fw and dd-wrt installed, linksys fw allows to switch to dd-wrt in their webif, if you switch to "previous fw" in linksys webif it will boot dd-wrt, to boot linksys fw again you have to use a command in serial console.It would be cool to add an option in dd-wrt webif to switch to the other install, then you have a way to dual boot:-)

Dual boot with webIF would be too cool !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 152, 153, 154  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 154
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: