Super simple SNMP traffic graph - for dummies!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
uziq
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vincs wrote:
Thx for your help but I've got a message error which say that it can get the second (download) interface...

yeah, I changed a few settings and when the router rebooted, the OIDs I posted before no longer worked.

So I used GetIf to look for the proper OIDs again.
Now I'm using:
and:

so far so good. Smile
Sponsor
fredex1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 19:04    Post subject: getting SNMP traffic graphs on Linux Reply with quote
I've got that windows-based tool shown in previous post going in a Win98SE VM, but I'd sure like to have similar capability in Linux.

I've downloaded the iReason Mib Browser and so far haven't figured out how to do the same (or similar) thing there. (of course I haven't worked through the instructions yet, either.)

Can anyone suggest an easy tool for Linux, or how to use tools I may already have for getting a "realtime" graph similar to what I can do on windoze?

Thanks!
Vincs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well !
The old value that I used before are working again with the V24 SP1 Smile
Thanks !

For linux you can use SNMP with Wine under Linux I guess if you don't find anything else...
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
www.odmon.com
mbates
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26    Post subject: oids for v24-sp1 (07/27/08) std - build 10011 Reply with quote
I am trying to use snmp to download traffic usage from a wrt310n running DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/0Cool std - build 10011 but do not seem to be finding the oids that show traffic usage. Would rflow and macupd be a better choice for gathering this information?

Thanks
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems like SNMP works in a special way in DD-WRT, it looks like it only records traffic from one interface to another or from one ip subnet to another (even if the traffic flows on one interface).

So if you have a bridged router, traffic will never enter another interface (ie vlan1) only br0 and maybe eth1 if WLAN is used. Is this the way it should act?

I have some clients using a router in bridged mode (same subnet as main router) as def gw, and this routers def gw is naturally the main router in the same subnet. No traffic going over this bridge is shown in SNMP, not on eth0, vlan0 or br0.
jbarbieri
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
joksi wrote:
www.odmon.com

That site is pretty cool!!

Thanks!

Linksys EA6500v2 | 5GHz 1st Floor AP | Advanced Tomato 1.28.0000 -2.9-131 K26ARM USB AIO-64K
Netgear WNR2000v3 | 2nd Floor AP | DD-WRT v3.0-r27805 std

Behind a Raspberry Pi Dual WAN router
masq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbarbieri wrote:

That site is pretty cool!!

Thanks!

It is good to hear that! You can start the monitoring of ddwrt using fast track at http://cacti.odmon.com/fasttrack.php . It is a kind of wizard that will guide you through setting up snmp, firewall etc and will create nice graphs for you.

More details on odmon and ddwrt can be found here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36503

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any one have an OID that will work with v24 that will give me the devices Connection speed or signal strength?

(specifically when using WDS to bridge two networks.)

I have OLSR, well actually I am running Routers2.cgi (very slick interface, kinda a nagios uber lite. I already get all this info on all my routers but I would like to try to add the signal and rate to the graphing so I can do some trending...

Thanks
zyphere
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have any idea of whether it's possible to use Odmon to set up a graph monitoring traffic from a specific device/user (e.g. via MAC addy)?

I've managed to get the generic graphs with vlan and eth0/eth1 up but can't find any options to get more specific than that. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
masq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
zyphere wrote:
Does anyone have any idea of whether it's possible to use Odmon to set up a graph monitoring traffic from a specific device/user (e.g. via MAC addy)?

I've managed to get the generic graphs with vlan and eth0/eth1 up but can't find any options to get more specific than that. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

I am afraid it is not yet possible to do, because of limited dd-wrt snmp functionality. odmon.com can graph anything that is available through snmp - values regarding per user bw are unfortunately not available
Cynagen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:56    Post subject: SNMP points Reply with quote
Here are the points for WAN traffic on a WRT300N v1 with DD-WRT v24-SP2 NEWD Eko build 11474M:

Downstream: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.4
Upstream: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.4
kilmike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34    Post subject: SNMP for Micro version Reply with quote
Ive been wondering if there's any way to add SNMP support for micro version. I would like to get a graph on bandwidth usage on my WAP56G running on v24 micro.

hope to get positive response..

3 x Buffalo WHR-G125 v24 final
look2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen this question here, but it seemes like there is no answer to it yet.
is it possible to monitor a specific LAN port, so I can see the bandwith on just that port?
chilicheech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm also trying to monitor bandwidth usage on a per port basis. the only thing i can think of is to create a vlan for each port and put them all on the same subnet or bridge.

i'm not sure there's a way to create a virtual interfaces pointing to a specific port without having to create a vlan.

anyway, any idea would be appreciated.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: