WZR-HP-G450H iproute2 tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
teklords
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 16:30    Post subject: WZR-HP-G450H iproute2 tools Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G450-H router with DD-WRT upgraded to r23320 from ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/01-10-2014-r23320-fix/buffalo_wzr_hp_g450h/. This router has 32MB flash and 64MB ram. The image that is available for this router is cut down and does not have the full iproute2 tools. So far everything else on the firmware works great but I really need the full iproute2 tools suite for Policy routing with dual wan.

The exact issue is listed in ticket 3033 http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3033 but apparently it is as designed to accommodate smaller routers and the ticket gets closed as Invalid. This is something I can appreciate as I too have other routers that need he smaller image to work. The real requirement I have for theses tools is for a dual wan router it needs full policy routing. I have older routers with dd-wrt with the dual wan working properly and when i came time to replace them I looked for a router that came with dd-wrt.

Can someone please make an image for this router that has all the iproute2 tools enabled?
Sponsor
teklords
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:
I downloaded the full svn repository and will try to build this on my own. I looked through the wiki and found some old info on how to perform the build but it seems like everything is setup for Broadcom not Atheros. If anyone can provide new scripts or tell me what needs to be changed to build for this router I would greatly appreciate that.
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
no, di did not compile it myself. just install needed tools with ipkg or pick them from openwrt, extract .ipkg file and scp the binaries on your router.

you may also try to compile it yourself. then replace all needed bins from openwrt. then create firmware.bin, you will have all bins be included in dd-wrt. BUT that makes upgrades difficult, of course.

TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: