DD-WRT for TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V2.x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
rocoyanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
dcrst75 wrote:
victoryo wrote:
My system light is also off. And Wi-Fi only flashing when something is connected
and using the Wi-Fi. So maybe its normal. For me everything works fine with it

is right what you say. My light on wifi is off. But when is use, this working
@rocoyanna
maybe you need to try 30-30-30 reset

Tried that. done that, still the router does not put out any wifi. the ssid is set to broadcast but does not show up. ????
Thanks!

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
dcrst75 wrote:
rocoyanna wrote:
i tried it on my v. 2.1 S/N 13.... it does not really work. the system and wifi light are off now and i have no wifi.

try latest r24461. I have the same v2.1 SN 13...wifi and all seems work good.
I write on my 1043 v2.1 this fw and all is ok, less WDS function on wifi with another router

please keep us updated... I have tl-wr1043nd-v1 which has been great but I just ordered the tl-wr1043nd-v2. Looking at some of the other post not sure if I should have ordered it or not. I could live without the LED's but need it work as good or better than the version-1
victoryo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
for me the V2 is better! Cus i bricked my V1 with latest firmware.

What i did with my V2.1 when it came out of the box i hooked it up and did a 30-30-30 reset. Then i downloaded the r24461 build and flashed it.
After a succesful flash i did a 30-30-30 reset again.

At that point i began to set everything to my likings witch means:

Wifi @ channel 6 as a AP
40MHZ (20+20)
SSID
DHCP off
USB Storage
DNS to my other router, etc.

Everything works great! After 4 days up and running still haven't got to reboot it!
uberT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought one of the 1043ND version 2.1 routers and flashed to R24461. I've been having trouble with it and can't flash to an earlier version of ddwrt and there doesn't appear to be a file to revert back to OE firmware.

I've spent a couple of days trying to figure out where the problem was. I run an N-only network on my primary router for the newer devices in the house. I connect a second router (bg mixed mode) to the primary router via an ethernet cable (LAN port to LAN port) and that's where the problem begins. When trying to connect wireless PC clients, I just get an unidentified network warning. I can connect to the second router, but there's no internet connectivity. What's even stranger, the iPhones in the house still get internet connectivity, the PCs can't. Connectivity from the primary router seems OK.

I've been using this identical configuration in my home for a number of years. There's something in r24461 that's preventing the second router from establishing a solid internet connection. I've given up on trying to correct it. I put an old router back in service and everything is back to normal in terms of connectivity from both routers.

Linksys E4200 (stock FW)
dcrst75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
victoryo wrote:
for me the V2 is better! Cus i bricked my V1 with latest firmware.

What i did with my V2.1 when it came out of the box i hooked it up and did a 30-30-30 reset. Then i downloaded the r24461 build and flashed it.
After a succesful flash i did a 30-30-30 reset again.

At that point i began to set everything to my likings witch means:

Wifi @ channel 6 as a AP
40MHZ (20+20)
SSID
DHCP off
USB Storage
DNS to my other router, etc.

Everything works great! After 4 days up and running still haven't got to reboot it!

All works fine until I find another problem: WAN-LAN speed is very slow. Internet speed:
- on LAN 8Mbps
- on Wifi 70Mbps
Shaamaan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got my V2 and I'm trying to get it to work in client (bridge) mode.

Strange thing - after flashing the r24461 (I didn't do a 30-30-30 reset yet!) the router SEEMS to connect to the network, as I get an IP from my main DHCP server. However NOTHING work after that. I cannot connect to the router, I cannot connect to the MAIN router, nor see anything on the network. Sad

Any tips (beyond doing a 30-30-30)?

EDIT: 30-30-30 didn't help. Sad Please advise on what else I can do...

EDIT 2: OK, a simple power cycle to the router seemed to have fixed the issue.
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 21:30    Post subject: version 1.11 and 2.1 with firmwares from 05 2014 and up Reply with quote
I also have this issue and it is from the first release firmware for the 2.1 to the present june firmware from 2014 the router after around a few hours stop working that requires a power cycle to resolve my version 1.11 of this router experience such issues however if i connect to it via ssh and perform the reboot all is well for the version 1 i am going to see how the firmware from april of 2014 will fair. The version 2.1 of this router does not connect via ssh for the reboot and requires a physical power cycle to operate for the time it is operational then ceases function and needs to be focused on being stable before we can decide on the wifi capabilities for it.
Shaamaan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found that I can connect to the router via telnet using the ROOT username, instead of the one specified during first configuration. The username specified in the config DOES work for the web GUI access...
theWojtek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
A couple of issues I have running build 24461 on a tp link 1043ND V2:

- if I set my 802.11n 20+20 to channel 6, I the "upper" control channel selection can not be saved. However, if I set to 7, the "lower" works OK,
- I would appreciate a working antenna chain setup: no matter how I set up mine, I only get 130 Mbps connections. Should be 300 Mbps with my Macbook. Screenshots, anyone?
- there is an issue I have hard time to trace. If I connect an Apple computer to dd-wrt wirelessly and try to use the Airport Utility application to manage my Airport Express APs (they are connected with Ethernet to the dd-wrt) they are "unreachable". Same situation but connected via ethernet to the dd-wrt - no problems. What and where should I check?
- there is no SNMP support in this build. This is very, very missed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 21:10    Post subject: what about last beta? Reply with quote
so, what is the most stable firmware for v.2 router?
snowbord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump. Anyone?
uberT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope you guys realize there are no builds available prior to 24118 for the 1043 Version 2.1

It looks like the latest release, from Nov 20th, may be having fewer problems.

Worst case, I'd have a back up router available if you decide to flash.

Linksys E4200 (stock FW)
jaromanda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
dcrst75 wrote:
All works fine until I find another problem: WAN-LAN speed is very slow. Internet speed:
- on LAN 8Mbps
- on Wifi 70Mbps

I have the same issue (at least the slow WAN->LAN speed)

I found that if I connect the 1043ND V2.1 to my ADSL modem via a gigabit switch, the problem disappears. The modem has 100mbit ethernet by the way.

Odd thing is, upload speed is unaffected at least in my case (under 1Mbit uplink speed), it's only download speed - I've done extensive testing, this occurs no matter what firmware is installed (DD-WRT, OpenWRT or even TP-LINK)

I only tested TCP, and the upshot of my testing is that a single TCP connection is limited to about 500Kbit WAN->LAN, but LAN->WAN hit 900Kbit, the max of my uplink speed.

I've yet to see anyone else come to the same conclusion though, so I could be wrong
rocoyanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocoyanna wrote:
i tried it on my v. 2.1 S/N 13.... it does not really work. the system and wifi light are off now and i have no wifi.

Cannot find file version shown on your picture below. could you offer a link to it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocoyanna wrote:
rocoyanna wrote:

Cannot find file version shown on your picture below. could you offer a link to it?

not very clear what do you need but here is all the firmware
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: