Client-Bridge mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
perdrix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 22:31    Post subject: Client-Bridge mode? Reply with quote
I just loaded the very latest build from:
<ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/02-04-2014-r23503/dlink-dir615d/>
onto my DLink DIR-615 D2 in the hope that it would allow me to select Client-Bridge mode.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be offered Sad

It works well in Repeater-Bridge mode, but I would dearly love to have Client-Bridge mode available, as I take backups over the network and having the speed boost from 150Mbps to 300Mbps would be hugely helpful.

Please can someone (Brainslayer perhaps) cast some light on why this isn't available - is it just a "Round TUIT" problem, or is it just not possible on the RT3052 chipset?

Many thanks
Dave
Sponsor
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to recall reading something many months (if not years) ago saying that Ralink-based routers don't support client bridge. Something about the hardware - I'm not technical enough to understand why this would be the case. For more info try searching the forum.
Glenn101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 22:47    Post subject: No client bridge mode Reply with quote
CTXSi wrote:
I seem to recall reading something many months (if not years) ago saying that Ralink-based routers don't support client bridge. Something about the hardware - I'm not technical enough to understand why this would be the case. For more info try searching the forum.

I am having the same problem as the OP. I have a Buffalo WHR-300HP2 which I flashed with the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/19/14) - build 23598. Client Bridge mode is not available in the drop down list on the wireless setup page.
But I do not think it is a problem with the Ralink hardware. The manual I downloaded for the original firmware indicates that the client bridge mode is available.
I tried to reflash back to the original firmware in order to get the client bridge option. The Buffalo goes into the firmware update mode and reports success, but the DD-WRT firmware is still in place.

I'm hoping that a fix is in the works. Right now I have two really good access points, but I only need one, and one unit with a client bridge mode.

Glenn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: