Current time not available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
senjuha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 17:44    Post subject: Current time not available Reply with quote
My NTP service is currently not synchronizing the time. I realized this after traffic by month stopped working for the past couple of days and checking the forums pointed to checking the time. When i run the date command it shows Thu Jan 1 1970 as the date.I have followed the instructions here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Network_Time_Protocol
and even reset the router to default settings but Current Time still shows as Not available. I am using the Dlink-DIR615 rev h with firmware version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) - build 21061. Can someone kindly assist me on how to solve this?
Sponsor
senjuha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of different builds and none of them works with the NTP. I am bugged because it was working and suddenly stopped working. The only way I can get the time is to telnet into it and set the date using the date command. However this is not convenient as it loses the time when the router restarts
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which ntp-server do you contact?
Maybe it's not a problem of the router/ router's FW but of the ntp-server
I never had problems with "ntp1.dlink.com", no matter what FW I use.
senjuha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did try different ntp servers with no success. I just tested with time.apple.com as well but its not successful
HeMaN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
had the same problem over here.
NTP stopped working. Openvpn gave errors because of wrong time.
After trying different timeservers, foud out no server worked and time was not adjusted on my linksys.

Started a SSH session to my linksys and tried to ping my gateway and internet sites.
I could reach my cable modem/router (gateway for my internal network), but no internet sites.
(My linksys is not my internet gateway, that is handeled by my cable modem/router)

So I had a DNS problem. Confused
I have a fixed IP on my linksys, and for gateway and dns I am using the internal (fixed) ip of my cable modem/router (192.168.1.1).

Appeared that my modem/router and my linksys wrt320n are not working together anymore when pointing my linksys dns to my modem/router. Strange because my pc's use the same settings (gateway and dns: 192.168.1.1) and dns is working there.
I changed the dns on my linksys to google dns (8.8.8.8 ) and now everything is working fine again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: