New Kong Build 23655

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
poodles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 19:40    Post subject: New Kong Build 23655 Reply with quote
A new Kong build is out - 23655:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/

Anyone tried it out on an EA6500v1? Question
Sponsor
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
everything is working just fine on my Netgear R6250.

i am trying out transmission. the only changes i made was the downloads directory...but i cant get any of my downloads to start. even after port forwarding transmission.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gameman Advanced Kid wrote:
everything is working just fine on my Netgear R6250.

i am trying out transmission. the only changes i made was the downloads directory...but i cant get any of my downloads to start. even after port forwarding transmission.

It should even download without any port forwards at least it did when I did a test download, loading the iso for a linux distro.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
KONGAC 23655M ARM

RT-AC68R - primary router/gateway
2.4Ghz (NG-mixed) with 20Mhz channel width => OK
5Ghz (N) with 40Mhz channel width => OK
Guest-Vlan 2.4Ghz => OK
SSH => OK
Telnet => OK
Port Forward => OK
WOL over the Internet => OK
USB 2.0 storage ext3 mount to JFFS => OK
USB 3.0 storage NTFS mount to MNT => OK
NAS Samba shared drive = OK
PPTP server => Ok
Wi-viz 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz => Ok

KONGAC 23655M

RT-AC66U - primary router/gateway
2.4Ghz (NG-mixed) with 20Mhz channel width => OK
5Ghz (N) with 40Mhz channel width => OK
Guest-Vlan 2.4Ghz => OK
SSH => OK
Telnet => OK
Port Forward => OK
WOL over the Internet => OK
USB 2.0 storage ext3 mount to JFFS => OK
PPTP server => Ok
Wi-viz 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz => OK

Netgear R6400v2otp
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys, i found a fix for transmission when it is not downloading anything when a torrent is added.

FYI > my router is setup in client bridge mode

go to status>basic setup and look in the router ip box. insert a dns server ip like 8.8.8.8 (googles dns) and click apply. reboot the router if transmission is still running and your downloads should start working.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
tsaylor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just loaded this build on my R6250, but unfortunately I seem to be in a bricked state. On a brand new R6250 I had loaded build 23430 (the download for R6250) which seemed to run fine, then I loaded this one and I now have no response.

Did I do it wrong? Am I not supposed to go directly from that build to this one (the one in the link on this post)? Or was that the wrong build for my R6250? I imagine I made a dumb mistake but I'm not sure yet what it was. When loading the firmware from the web GUI I picked the option to reset to defaults (not sure if that caused a problem).

So, the status now is that I boot the router and the lights come on, then they go off and the power light turns amber. At that point I can get handful of pings with ttl 100, and then it stops responding to pings. I've tried tftp2 from Windows 7/8 machines but it never seems to connect. The power light remains amber. I understand that timing is critical so I could be missing the window but I've tried dozens of times so far.

What can I do next? Should I keep trying tftp or is that a lost cause? Thanks for any advice.
General42069
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
seamed to brick my EA6500v1 as well, tried flash from r23598/stock/ftpt2, with 30/30/30 before and after with 10min reboot.

found this link to a trx version
ftp://ftp.basmaf.com/Fractal_Builds/23656/EA6500v1/dd-wrt-23656-ea6500.trx

going to try that
General42069
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
tsaylor wrote:
I just loaded this build on my R6250, but unfortunately I seem to be in a bricked state. On a brand new R6250 I had loaded build 23430 (the download for R6250) which seemed to run fine, then I loaded this one and I now have no response.

Did I do it wrong? Am I not supposed to go directly from that build to this one (the one in the link on this post)? Or was that the wrong build for my R6250? I imagine I made a dumb mistake but I'm not sure yet what it was. When loading the firmware from the web GUI I picked the option to reset to defaults (not sure if that caused a problem).

So, the status now is that I boot the router and the lights come on, then they go off and the power light turns amber. At that point I can get handful of pings with ttl 100, and then it stops responding to pings. I've tried tftp2 from Windows 7/8 machines but it never seems to connect. The power light remains amber. I understand that timing is critical so I could be missing the window but I've tried dozens of times so far.

What can I do next? Should I keep trying tftp or is that a lost cause? Thanks for any advice.

i was able to reflash r23598 or stock fw with tftp2 method to get it working again.
james1795
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 19:57    Post subject: Kong builds Reply with quote
I dont think these kongs builds are meant for linksys ac routers. I tried and it bricked it so I had to ftp put the original firmware back.
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
<kong>,
I am using the latest ARM build. For the guest wifi on 2.4ghz, sometimes the clients will get disconnected after some idle time. Is this a known issue? Any workaround? Will changing the DHCP lease time from 3600 to 0 solve this issue?
Thanks.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
stoney li wrote:
<kong>,
I am using the latest ARM build. For the guest wifi on 2.4ghz, sometimes the clients will get disconnected after some idle time. Is this a known issue? Any workaround? Will changing the DHCP lease time from 3600 to 0 solve this issue?
Thanks.

Probably a problem with the wifi driver and your client device. I have no such problems. Still waiting for a new set of drivers.

DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
stoney li wrote:
<kong>,
Thanks.

If some client is on Intel pls check this www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034535.htm
Also read my first signature line Crying or Very sad

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is a intel Advanced N-6205 with the latest driver. I will play around to see how often the disconnection happens.
Thanks,
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
stoney li wrote:
It is a intel Advanced N-6205 with the latest driver. I will play around to see how often the disconnection happens.
Thanks,

That explains it, the 62xx is one of troublemakers right now.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 22:54    Post subject: KONG's K3-AC_Arm/23655 on ASUS RT-AC68U - opkg ? Reply with quote
@KONG !?

I am using KONG's K3-AC_Arm/23655 build on a ASUS RT-AC68U. It's running fine, detail problems / questions are:

1. I expected the build to include opkg - instead i only find ipkg. Is that normal ?

2. With ipkg available, i tried to install opkg with ipkg install opkg. That worked with the blue messages below:
root@Asus RT-AC68U:/opt# ipkg install opkg
ipkg_depends: Warning: libc mentioned in dependency but no package found in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages//opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf3aee3a5b846d-6_imx6.ipk ...
Connecting to downloads.openwrt.org (78.24.191.177:80)
opkg_9c97d5ecd795709 100% |***********************************************************************************************************************************| 55912 0:00:00 ETA
Done.

a. I have no /etc/opkg.conf. And even logged in as root, i am not able to create one e.g. with copying the ipkg.conf to opkg.conf. What is there recommendation to be able to use opkg as intended with a opkg.conf at the default location

b. As workaround i tried
cp /etc/ipkg.conf /opt/opkg.conf
opkg -f /opt/opkg.conf update
with the blue results:
Collected errors:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/usr/lib/opkg': Read-only file system.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mmc//usr': Read-only file system.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/usr/lib/opkg': Read-only file system.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mmc//usr': Read-only file system.

3. I tried as test install the "nano" editor install with ipkg instead of opkg without success, see:

ipkg install nano
ipkg_depends: Warning: libc mentioned in dependency but no package found in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages//terminfo_5.9-1_imx6.ipk ...
terminfo_5.9-1_imx6. 100% |***********************************************************************************************************************************| 6112 0:00:00 ETA
Done.
Unpacking terminfo...Done.
Configuring terminfo...Done.

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/imx6/packages//libncurses_5.9-1_imx6.ipk ...
libncurses_5.9-1_imx 100% |***********************************************************************************************************************************| 108k 0:00:00 ETA
Done.
ipkg_install_file: ERROR: libncurses depends on the following uninstalled programs:
terminfo
ipkg_install_file: You may want to use `ipkg install' to install these.
ipkg_get_install: ERROR: Failed to install /opt/tmp/ipkg/libncurses_5.9-1_imx6.ipk
ipkg_get_install: I'll leave it there for you to try a manual installation
root@Asus RT-AC68U:/etc# nano
-sh: nano: not found
root@Asus RT-AC68U:/etc#

Any help on points 1-3, is there something wrong in general ?
How do i get opkd running and how do i get it writing to the system dirs
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: