Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
DemonBooter wrote:
Having the same issue as OP. the router will work on the .trx file wirelessly but not LAN. And it also shows up as a linksys router....same boat OP when flashing the Kong build nothing works. WAN or LAN

Both of you can try this:

telnet into the router when running dd-wrt firmware

do the cmd:

erase nvram

turn off router with the power switch, wait 10 secs
then turn on router again.
Leave it alone for 10 minutes, then connect to its web gui.

OBS!
This is NOT a standard procedure that should be used as some kind of remedy for other routers when you have a problem you don't know how to fix.
It will, on some router models, mess up the original nvram variables completely.
Sponsor
DemonBooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I trief what you suggested LOM but not having any luck....most likely its a user error on my part. I tried telnet through lan and can't connect. But Icould wwirelessly but the connection timed out as soon as I put in my username. I'm on the Kong AC build you helpful gurus provided. Haybe dpslusser will have better luck. I've never telneted so that may also be the big problem

IMG_2014031733622.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.66 KB
 Viewed:  9439 Time(s)

IMG_2014031733622.jpg

IMG_2014031724400.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.2 KB
 Viewed:  9439 Time(s)

IMG_2014031724400.jpg

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's telnet 192.168.1.1.
Not 192.168.1.11 as you did

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
It's telnet 192.168.1.1.
Not 192.168.1.11 as you did

I changed the IP address of the router to 192.168.1.11 so it didn't conflict with my other router but I tried that as well 192.168.1.1 and it wouldn't connect
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't worry about bridging it to your other router or anything till you have it setup.
Only have the rt-n66u hooked up to the PC you are using to flash it.
That way you don't have to worry about conflicts.
Unless you disabled telnet there is no reason you shouldn't be able to telnet into the router.
Other than that, I give up.
I found it easy to flash mine. Maybe if I'd had problems I'd be able to help more.
I'm done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help anyways Malachi. I'll change the IP back to the normal number. I have no idea. I went into the windows features and enable client and server and set telnet to automatic... I can connect wirelessly but not lan.....I'll do some googling
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then telnet wirelessly or try to telnet using putty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try but the connection times out. In the picture I connected wirelessly but got the 60 second timeout issue.

If iI enter in root as my username the Cmd window locks up and I can't enter a password.
If i put in the wrong user name then I can enter a password but thats useless as iI need the correct username. Its like as soon as it trys to communicate it fails

EDIT didn't see you recommend PuTTY so I'll give that a shot.

EDIT2: tried putty no go same as the windows telnet. LAN ports completely unresponsive. Wireless brought me to the login but it timed out after I entered the user name. For my main router I'm just gonna run stock FW.

On my repeater router can I still run Kong's AC build and be OK? Seeing as how I don't need the lan ports at all. Would the router still work as a repeater even though it thinks its the wrong router?
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
DemonBooter wrote:
I try but the connection times out. In the picture I connected wirelessly but got the 60 second timeout issue.

If iI enter in root as my username the Cmd window locks up and I can't enter a password.
If i put in the wrong user name then I can enter a password but thats useless as iI need the correct username. Its like as soon as it trys to communicate it fails

EDIT2: tried putty no go same as the windows telnet. LAN ports completely unresponsive. Wireless brought me to the login but it timed out after I entered the user name. For my main router I'm just gonna run stock FW.

On my repeater router can I still run Kong's AC build and be OK? Seeing as how I don't need the lan ports at all. Would the router still work as a repeater even though it thinks its the wrong router?

Configure Putty to Automatically enter your username and password under Connection->Data.

Immediately be ready to paste and execute the command.

Also, sometimes it helps to open a cmd and do a ping -t <address>

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
DemonBooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
DemonBooter wrote:

Configure Putty to Automatically enter your username and password under Connection->Data.

Immediately be ready to paste and execute the command.

Also, sometimes it helps to open a cmd and do a ping -t <address>

It finally worked wirelessly with PuTTy and I did the erase nvram command. After rebooting and letting it sit awhile neither wireless or LAN would work at all. Only thing I could do was put it into recovery and run the recovery tool.

This is definitely a noon question but is there anyway I could flash KONGs version and not worry about BS. or is Kong's based off of BS's. Was just wondering since every time I flash the .trx file it thinks its a Linksys and my lan won't work at all.
X82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the same boat here.
No matter what I do, the LAN ports just don't work. In fact connecting to wireless doesn't work either.
It shows up in the wireless list, but will just say "obtaining IP" when I try connect. Thats on my phone, my laptop won't even find it.

I think I have to give up to. I bricked this router in the past when DD-WRT was starting to work with it a long time ago. Totally bricked.

I had to get a replacement and even now trying, nothing I do works.

Is there a guide, which posts links to the EXACT files we need and instructions? How long to press buttons, how to erase NVRAM successfully and by what method etc?

I have to go back to merlins build until further notice, although there is nothing wrong with that.
JNavas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good (recommended) builds for ASUS RT-N66U:
Sewie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 16:42    Post subject: RT-N12 rev D1 Reply with quote
Both K26 and K3 builds work ok on my other rev D1 unit.

However having issues on 2nd. Able to load the K26 version can use the ports, however after flash to a K3 build (21605) only wifi works. Loaded a K3 via wifi and ports still broken, thought of loading saved settings from working unit into this one. Well.. config that was saved had TKIP for wifi encryption which causes issues loading the UI
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Telnet into the router through the wifi and Tyler erase nvram or nvram erase the reboot. Land ports should then work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41    Post subject: RT-N12 rev D1 Reply with quote
I tried an nvram erase in the older K3 version and unfortunately old model and broken ports remain.

I tried a bit today to get into one of the newer K3 builds but was having issues logging in cause after a short period of time the newer build stops responding and reboots. That and the fact my password doesn't help.. lol I need to figure out what it is on the working router Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: