TL-WR841N v9.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
SilverTelperion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! Will keep an eye out for it.
Sponsor
bleho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
bleho wrote:
just updated wr841ndv9 from 27506 to 28112. runs fine so far. will report, if it still stucks from time to time.

these dns-resolving delays from time to time did not become so much better with 28112 compared to 27506 as expected. Now I switched off "dnsmasq for dns". Have the impression to have better responsiveness and faster behavior when resolving now. Seems, that 27506 could do this as well. So it is still our stable goody.
TimetravelerBrown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I just flashed build 28139 on my router and so far it works pretty stable and very smooth.
Seems like the memory leak has been solved, since my Router is now running with 10 MB of free memory.

However, I'd like to inform you about 2 issues that I have experienced:

1. The WAN LED is, unlike in previous versions, working now in a way that it constantly blinks. I don't know if it is supposed to work in this way but to me personally, the constant blinking is kinda annoying and I'd prefer the LED to glow instead of to blink.

2. I am unsure if this issue is related to the time change in Europe, but since the return to standard time, my logfiles are late for exactly 1 hour. However, the stated time in the graphical user interface is correct.

Besides these 2 issues, I have not experienced any malfunction.

Hope I was able to help you guys,
Cheers
bleho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
bleho wrote:
bleho wrote:
just updated wr841ndv9 from 27506 to 28112. runs fine so far. will report, if it still stucks from time to time.

these dns-resolving delays from time to time did not become so much better with 28112 compared to 27506 as expected. Now I switched off "dnsmasq for dns". Have the impression to have better responsiveness and faster behavior when resolving now. Seems, that 27506 could do this as well. So it is still our stable goody.

got problems with 28112 after a while. went back to 27506.
waterlover81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Modded WR841N v9

I relocated the stock antennas for wider spacing, and added 8.5" square parabolic reflectors. The router now sits upside down, I flipped it so that the cover can still be easily removed for service. I added 4 small screws to the new base for feet.

Getting a big signal boost. This one's going in a shop to run as a wifi client.

Spent a total of $2.00 modding it, figured sharing the idea might help someone else out.

*edit: I got this unit set up today - without the reflectors, the router couldn't even see the host wifi network. With the reflectors added I have a decent connection with a 16-17db signal to noise ratio, not a lot of throughput but that's OK its around 1.5-2mbit connect and that's good enough for looking stuff up here and there while at the shop.

I cut the reflectors out of a $1 cookie sheet, and made the plastic supports for them out of a $1 set of black plastic serving trays.

[ TP-Link WR841N v9.2 --> DD-WRT 27506 ][ TP-Link WR841N v9.3 --> DD-WRT 27506 ][ TP-Link WR841ND v8.2 --> DD-WRT 27506 ]

Last edited by waterlover81 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 21:56; edited 1 time in total
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow Shocked
loveerulzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
TimetravelerBrown wrote:
Hey guys,

I just flashed build 28139 on my router and so far it works pretty stable and very smooth.
Seems like the memory leak has been solved, since my Router is now running with 10 MB of free memory.

However, I'd like to inform you about 2 issues that I have experienced:

1. The WAN LED is, unlike in previous versions, working now in a way that it constantly blinks. I don't know if it is supposed to work in this way but to me personally, the constant blinking is kinda annoying and I'd prefer the LED to glow instead of to blink.

2. I am unsure if this issue is related to the time change in Europe, but since the return to standard time, my logfiles are late for exactly 1 hour. However, the stated time in the graphical user interface is correct.

Besides these 2 issues, I have not experienced any malfunction.

Hope I was able to help you guys,
Cheers

WAN led started working with build 28139 i can confirm too...and also in tp link default firmware WAN led used to be Blinking constantly rather than just glowing...
soibat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I from Vietnamese.
I found guide upgrade TP-link 841Nv9 to dd-wrt on YouTube.
I try to download dd-wrt beta for TP-Link 841N v9. But I cannot down from this link, I had an error CONNECTION TIMED OUT.
factory-to-ddwrt.bin 3.75 MB 2015-11-16
tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin 3.75 MB 2015-11-16

Can anyone help me redirect this link to another server? Thanks all. Smile

Last edited by soibat on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:48; edited 1 time in total
nesarserv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried everything also but cannot find a working link. I am desperate.
soibat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to upgrade openwrt for tp-link 841N, but It fails.
I had error No space available when install luCI.
I check flash of my router is 2MB.
I research info on google, tp-link 841n in China is 2MB, in USA is 4 MB.
I was very, very disappointing about device make in China Sad
SilverTelperion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
soibat wrote:
I tried to upgrade openwrt for tp-link 841N, but It fails.
I had error No space available when install luCI.
I check flash of my router is 2MB.
I research info on google, tp-link 841n in China is 2MB, in USA is 4 MB.
I was very, very disappointing about device make in China Sad

How did you check your flash memory size?
scudmissile007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:38    Post subject: tp-link TL-WR841N V10 as repeater Reply with quote
hi all, just bought new tp-link wr841n router and its version 10. I want to setit up as a wifi extender or repeater.
It would be a great help if you can help me set it up.
its my first router and a big noob in networking. Crying or Very sad
soibat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
SilverTelperion wrote:

After first step (install OpenWRT firmware), i check by command "df -h".
Confused
SilverTelperion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
soibat wrote:
SilverTelperion wrote:

After first step (install OpenWRT firmware), i check by command "df -h".
Confused

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't OpenWRT and DD-WRT two different custom firmwares altogether?
2BitGary
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:31    Post subject: 28211 Breaks internet Reply with quote
Updating from v26653 to v28211. Did 30/30/30 reset, after setting up router and doing router reboot, I can no longer connect to internet. Did factory reset from GUI, and without changing any settings the internet comes up fine. I can see that I am getting correct DHCP from ISP. Only settings I change are VPN, Wireless name and security, a few port forwards and some QoS settings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38, 39, 40  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 32 of 40
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: