TL-WR841N v9.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
luci84tm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe is a cabling issue, have you tried to change the cable?
Maybe a stupid question ,but I had that in the past...
Sponsor
beand1p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone comment on stability with newest release 28788?

Edit: Or what is the most stable 28xxx release for this router?
luci84tm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 22:15    Post subject: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r28788 std (01/13/16) Reply with quote
r28788 works fine so far.
good performance of the WAN Smile

But still LAN ports can not communicate...
I'm still waiting for someone from the dev team step in and give some advice here, cause using the two command line discussed before are not really a good option, from my point of view..
Ponury Typ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys, i am running TL-WR841N v9.1 as Wifi Client Bridge (my main is flashed to dd-wrt 1043nd v2). I have huge problem with ping is goint up and down, up and down, up and down. This is really a big problem when i am playing cs:go where pings raise from ~60ms to 120ms then its going back to ~60ms and keep going like this every drop and rise. I tried newest build as well a r27506 without any success. Did any one had this problem and solved it somehow ?

BTW

When i ping -t my gateway there are time to time hickups from 1 ms to 2999 ms then lose connection and go back to 1ms.
pokusaka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
beand1p wrote:
Or what is the most stable 28xxx release for this router?

Im using v3.0-r28598 - works fine
dinjo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a version which supports Static IP i just cannot connect to a Static IP from PC though i can ping from router but not from PC

Topic - http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
dinjo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys any help which version is supporting Static IP's
tjones99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 20:25    Post subject: TL-WR841N V9 VPN and unbricking Reply with quote
I have been trying everything to get a TP link WR841N V9 to forward all traffic through a VPN connection (ie in Basic Setup choose PPTP) to a Windows server 2008 VPN system and authentication fails... tried every combination of PPTP additional optionsd to no avail...
(all help welcome)

But thats not the point of this post...

Along the way I decided to try OpenWRT to see and in the process I bricked the router... ouch I thought... $30 down the flusher...

Not at all... There is a great Youtube video showing you how to unbrick it. No need to open it physically, no serial to TTL adapter (CP2102 CP2303 etc...) just a PC acting as a TFTP server and an appropriately named firmware file in the server...

PC running TFTP (I used the free Solar Winds TFTP) at static IP address 192.168.0.66 plugged into a router LAN port, in the TFTP folder a file named wr841nv9_tp_recovery.bin (download the V9 version you want and rename the BIN file). Reboot the router while holding the reset button for 3 seconds, it reboots, TFTP downloads the file, flashes it and reboots as a router again.
bimalachira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45    Post subject: wr841n v.10 TFTP support Reply with quote
no friend. Still router supports TFTP. you may need to set your router address to 192.168.0.66 and load the bin file via tftpd(free software). then the process works.

[quote="js1662"][quote="sandeepmdas"]@snapovaz and @xeroaura, thanks for you r big effort for cutting that video. Unfortunately TP-Link has rolled out V.10 and both methods, either firmware upload nor TFTP method, will NOT work in it. Really bad move by TPL guys if you ask me. I bought the wr841n [i]only [/i]because it supports DD-WRT. The efforts of this community is pushing the sales up for the manufatcurer, yet they are treating us like this.[/quote]

It seems like for cost reason, TP-Link has changed the Flash to 1M for WR841N v.10 and v.11. With such small flash size, there is no hope at all for them to be supported by dd-wrt. Too bad![/quote]
limonhaque
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:05    Post subject: Access Restriction is not working Reply with quote
Hi, I'm using "DD-WRT v3.0-r29362 std (03/28/16)" on my TL WR-841 v9. I've followed everything from this link https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Access_Restrictions . still haven't get any luck.[size=12][/size] Sad
sajal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to mount / use a Network share (since I want to use Yamon for network monitoring)

Is there any way to do it on our TPLink 841N v9

Optware or any other way, please guide.
hzxv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Advice needed on stable/functioning build Reply with quote
Hi all. I've got a WR841N v9 on its way to me that I've bought specifically so that I can start using DD-WRT for the first time. I've wanted to do this for years but have finally decided to go for it.

- I will be using it behind an ADSL modem in bridge mode that will connect to my ISP (waiting for this to arrive from my ISP).

- I need to be able to connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi as we have desktops, laptops, a smart TV, phones and a tablet in the house.

- I would also like to be able to set up a guest Wi-Fi network if possible.

The router database doesn't provide any recommendations for the WR841N v9. I have been reading through this thread and there seems to be a lot of builds for the v9, some of which are obviously causing major issues for some people.

As I am unlikely to be able to solve any issues myself, I was hoping someone could recommend a build they know to be stable and functional?

Thanks!

PS hopefully I can get the v9 to work with your recommended build, if not I am also aiming to get a v8. If I get the v8, should I use the build recommended in the router database?
pokusaka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
got a problem:
cant install new ddwrt builds(last 6), router just starting cycle reboot
warkriss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 19:02    Post subject: Re: Advice needed on stable/functioning build Reply with quote
hzxv wrote:
Hi all. I've got a WR841N v9 on its way to me that I've bought specifically so that I can start using DD-WRT for the first time. I've wanted to do this for years but have finally decided to go for it.

- I will be using it behind an ADSL modem in bridge mode that will connect to my ISP (waiting for this to arrive from my ISP).

- I need to be able to connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi as we have desktops, laptops, a smart TV, phones and a tablet in the house.

- I would also like to be able to set up a guest Wi-Fi network if possible.

The router database doesn't provide any recommendations for the WR841N v9. I have been reading through this thread and there seems to be a lot of builds for the v9, some of which are obviously causing major issues for some people.

As I am unlikely to be able to solve any issues myself, I was hoping someone could recommend a build they know to be stable and functional?

Thanks!

PS hopefully I can get the v9 to work with your recommended build, if not I am also aiming to get a v8. If I get the v8, should I use the build recommended in the router database?

Hello, I have personally used 27332 for quite a while now and it seems to work fine for my bridge functionality with a v9 and v7. I am thinking about trying out the new builds to see if I can use LAN QoS now, because atm I have my main bridge (the one that connects to the ISP modem) connected to the ISP through WAN (just to make QoS work properly).
Flashing_Expert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:35    Post subject: Dead tp link wr841n v9.2 only blinks after flash Reply with quote
Hi everyone here
I used ddwrt on my wr841n v9.2 for some time, everything was nearly perfect until now, I flashed latest 03-31-2016-r29387 and after reboot nothing, I mean only power led comes up and after few seconds all leds flashes and again same loop.
I tried 30/30/30 reset but no luck, it's still same.
Cannot access router via ssh or telnet nor via ethernet, putty only waits with black screen and device reboot itself then putty shows me that connection was closed. Sad
I double checked if bin file were for v9 and yes it was. Nom I'm little bit hopeless that my device is now completely hardbricked...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 35 of 40
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: