YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
And this presents me with a conundrum... different regular expressions required for different firmwares... how to best address that without having to manage multiple versions of the script.

Al

Perhaps we can convince Kong to add some info in the nvram for you to read.
Setting the Software Version Number with the command nvram set svn=24500, nvram commit
returns 24500 with the command nvram get svn

This would provide you and other devs a reference
for < > if then else routines to choose clib or musl
specific calls.

easypeasy ????

Dave[/quote]
A possible solution but I expect Kong will tell me to fix my regular expressions. And I agree that that is the better/best solution.

I learned something last night... the `+` meta character (used to match one or more patterns), even though it is used widely in many (Windows) regular expression libraries, is not actually in the Posix standard.

If you read back through this topic, you'll find that regex's have been problematic in the past - e.g., we found earlier that different instances of the firmware did not like just `+` but instead required `\+`... this is actually better represented using the Posix implementation `\{1,\}` so I've got through YAMon and replaced them and things seem to be running properly on my pre-24500 firmware. I'm looking for a few 24500 guinea pigs... Dave??

Al
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 0:25    Post subject: pre release of yamon 2.0.10 - fix for Kong 24500 build Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
I'm looking for a few 24500 guinea pigs... Dave??

Al

Here is an updated version of yamon2.sh that should fix things for those of your who are running the new Kong 24500 build. It is running happily on my pre-24500 router so I hope/expect that it'll run on all other firmware versions as well (famous last words...)

NB - This is not a full package - the zip file contains just yamon2.sh. New users should download the full package from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=259806 and then replace that yamon2.sh with this one.

You will have to
1. stop the current instance of yamon if it is running (`/opt/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh --stop`)
2. copy the contents of this zip file to `/opt/YAMon2/Setup/`
3. if you are running on the 24500 firmware, delete the hourly usage file for today in `/opt/YAMon2/data` (you're not losing anything as it does not contain meaningful results)
4. restart the script (`/opt/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh`)

The main update in this version is the replacement of `bad` regular expressions with Posix friendly versions.

I have added a few new features in this build... in the hour usage file, the `pnd(...)` lines include an uptime parameter which allows me better calculate usage at the router (i.e., it allows me to differentiate between restarts and rollovers in the data I get from the router). I also include the server uptime in the hourly usage file.

As usual, if you notice any issues or would like to see a feature added or modified, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this

Al

yamon2.0.10.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  yamon2.0.10.zip
 Filesize:  9.04 KB
 Downloaded:  279 Time(s)

NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
all fixed....good job Al!!

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Al

It runs in 24345 and 24500.

I did notice that the free memory was sitting at 0
and the guage read 0 also.

Dave

Reading up on regex puts me to sleep....
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Thanks Al

Dave

all gauges reading correctly for me..

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
NiTrus wrote:

all gauges reading correctly for me..

Curse you NiTrus!

Now I'm going to fret over what "I" did.

Had to give my router an exception in Firefox ad blocker. All is well now.

Dave
Wink
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Thanks Al

Dave

Can you send me a screen shot and you log file (with _logLevel set to 0)

Al
Ava Pug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Al working perfectly now.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ava Pug wrote:
Thanks Al working perfectly now.
good to hear - thanks!

I'll post the full package shortly.

Al
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 18:40    Post subject: Running on 24500M Reply with quote
Al,

I wanted to report back that I've got YAMon2 installed on Kong's 24500M build. I'm waiting for a few days to get some data captured and will let you know if I see any issues.

I have a question for you, or someone else that may know. I was unable to get the files to show up in WinSCP. I ended up doing a chmod +x via PuTTY. Do you know what I might be doing wrong with WinSCP? It connects with a user I setup in the webif, but not with my root account--although I forgot to try my webif account--but I am not able to see any files.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39    Post subject: Re: Running on 24500M Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
Al,

I have a question for you, or someone else that may know. I was unable to get the files to show up in WinSCP. I ended up doing a chmod +x via PuTTY. Do you know what I might be doing wrong with WinSCP? It connects with a user I setup in the webif, but not with my root account--although I forgot to try my webif account--but I am not able to see any files.

You should login with Winscp as root so you'll have rwx permissions to change properties.

Dave
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="al_c"]
ddaniel51 wrote:
Thanks Al

{/quote}

Can you send me a screen shot and you log file (with _logLevel set to 0)

Al

It's running fine now. Was an ad blocker issue in FireFox.

Thanks
Dave
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 14:31    Post subject: Re: Running on 24500M Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
HalfBit wrote:
Al,

You should login with Winscp as root so you'll have rwx permissions to change properties.

Dave

I've tried:
    - Changing settings in WinSCP to FTP, SCP, SFTP. Result: only FTP gets the connection which is obvious as I understand ports but thought maybe something was enabled in the firmware internally.
    - Changing settings in WinSCP for FTP encryption. Result: The router doesn't understand the encryption.
    - Logging in with root user with webif password. Result: Access denied.
    - Logging in with admin user with webif password. Result: Access denied.
    - Adding root user with webif password under Services>NAS>File Sharing>Users. Result: Not able to view files/folders.
    - Adding admin user with webif password under Services>NAS>File Sharing>Users. Result: Not able to view files/folders.
    - Creating a separate ftp user from root/admin with a different password under Services>NAS>File Sharing>Users. Result: Not able to view files/folders.

I know I'm just not doing something simple right. How do I give root permissions to FTP?

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
BarkingSpider
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Cumulative Traffic Reply with quote
In the Monthly Breakdown tab under Graphs, I noticed that my Cumulative Traffic is empty. Should there be data? What should I check?
Thanks-
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:26    Post subject: Re: Cumulative Traffic Reply with quote
BarkingSpider wrote:
In the Monthly Breakdown tab under Graphs, I noticed that my Cumulative Traffic is empty. Should there be data? What should I check?
Thanks-

Al_C is still working on things..that is normal for now..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: