Build request for Tp-link TL-WR802N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
crashi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone succesfully flashed TL-WR802N (EU) Ver:2.0 with DD-WRT, does that Kryptex way work?

Not tested this yet, could someone tell what advantages DD-WRT offers for this against Stock?
Sponsor
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 14:01    Post subject: TP-link TL-WR802N V.1 Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

Has something done in the TP-link TL-WR802N V1? The nanorouter is not a lot of memory, but a lot of them are in use. Is the release of KrypteX possibly further developed?

Thank you for your info

Pauline
tlactar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashi wrote:
Anyone succesfully flashed TL-WR802N (EU) Ver:2.0 with DD-WRT, does that Kryptex way work?

Not tested this yet, could someone tell what advantages DD-WRT offers for this against Stock?

Hello, i'm trying to get it working on v2, but to no avail. Anyone has an older stock firmware?

the webflash gives me the well known 18005 error, no matter how i name the files.
tftpd also does not connect to the box (my IP is set to 192.168.0.1, also tried with .1.1). I tried naming the kryptex package both wr802nv1_tp_recovery.bin and wr802nv2_tp_recovery.bin. What i'm wondering about: it does not even try to connect to the tftpd (at least the tool does not show any attempts).
Any ideas why? Firewall and antivirus are turned off.

and for the advantages: i need to get it working with WPA2 AES PEAP - stock does not support that, and there are like no lan-wlan bridges that do :/
jdomnitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 29218 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v9, so that it will flash on a TL-WR802N v1 or v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-29218 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v9.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached builds myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to be able to download the attachment. Don't forget to unpack the zip archive.

It looks like the Chinese version of this router is actually hardware version 1.1 not 1.0 or 2.0. Firmware uses the TP-Link v3 header even though both the 1.0 and 2.0 firmware's continue to use the v2 header. Any chance of getting another build with the corrected header to flash via factory firmware upload?
w4jufp22.s0m@20minute.ema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
jdomnitz wrote:
Any chance of getting another build with the corrected header to flash via factory firmware upload?

Bump! Would be great if somebody could pick this up. Thanks a million. Smile
Malyce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed the V2 version through the factory firmware update with no issues. No tftp needed for me. though, once you reboot, you can only connect via wifi. After you do the webflash to the newest version, (I'm using r33413), I was able to get the lan port working by going to Setup -> Networking then under the Port Setup sections, change the WAN Port Assignment to Eth0 from Eth1.

Oh, keep in mind you have to be logged in to see the download files in KrypteX's post
netsrag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried everything there is for the 802n v2 ...

LEDE (working but version from '14 (i guess)

dd-wrt was the only firmware i could flash via tftp otherwise i ended up with no success, from there i could either stick with dd-wrt or flash LEDE via shell (mtd flash firmware linux) but the version i found on the net was slightly buggy at one point. openwrt seems to be unavailable and development seems not as new as dd-wrt

so i'll be running with dd-wrt for the time being.

dd-wrt can be updated via the
tplink_tl-wr841ndv9/tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin file, haven't seen anything not working so far so i am running:

DD-WRT v3.0-r33986 std (12/04/17)

it'll say TP-Link TL-WR841ND v9 within the status/router tab but well, as long as everything is working fine...

current setup
---------
connect to existing wifi as client ath0 setting known ssid and password.

create virtual ap ssid

this basically acts as a repeater function.

playing with the router doesn't seem to difficult, whatever i did, i could always reset though tftp, so anyone do not fear getting bricked easily...
bobrobroberts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 29218 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v9, so that it will flash on a TL-WR802N v1 or v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-29218 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v9.

Anyone successfully flashed TL-WR802N (US) Ver:4.0 with DD-WRT, could the Kryptex way work?

I am willing to try it on the POS I have before I return it to Amazon because the client mode is defective with the stock firmware. Is anyone willing to modify the header of DD-WRT 29218 (or an equivalent) factory-to-ddwrt build intended for the TL-WR841ND to work with the TL-WR802N (US) Ver:4.0?
caldigit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some tips for using this as an access point and client:
My main use for this router is having it connecting to a hotspot and having the unit broadcast its own ssid to use. The OEM firmware makes this somewhat easy, but DD-WRT doesn't make it exactly clear how to do this. However- unlike one of the early posters (neo42de), this unit can in fact do this while running DD-WRT.

Netsrag has the right idea, but just wanted to make it clear for noobs like me! Smile
This assumes you've done the steps to get the initial firmware and then the final firmware on the unit [I'm running v3.0-r34311 std (12/29/17)]
1) Change the router IP to 192.168.2.1 Apply settings. This is somewhat optional, but for testing at home or perhaps unknown environments where your "WAN" may be 192.168.1.x which could cause conflicts.
2) Go to wireless tab, make a virtual interface, name it what you want your access point name to be. Click save, go to wireless secuity tab and set your password settings. Click apply settings.
3) Connect to your new access point name. Point your browser to 192.168.2.1, log in.
4) Go back to wireless settings. Change the main "physical interface" to client, and type in the access point name (must be exact match). Click save. Go to security and put in the security settings if there are any. click apply settings.

Going forward for future use, connect to the access point name you selected, and change the main one to whatever the local hotspot name is. This firmware seems much faster and more flexible than the OEM one, but I haven't traveled since putting this new firmware on. Have fun! Very Happy
BerniG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to install the latest beta of dd-wrt on the router by tftping the version from Kryptex before and then upgrading.

I intend to use the router as a travel wifi repeater (routed mode, so I have a client and an AP configured) but I do have a problem with this: When I have a client connection configured which is out of reach or does not exist anymore, I cannot connect to the AP either. So I can't get to the webinterface to reconfigure the client configuration. Is this normal? Is there any solution? As far as I remembered, the TP-Link firmware does not have such a problem...
Miuw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
hesst wrote:
Hi,

when I try to load the firmware factory-to-ddwrt_27506_WR802Nv1.bin I get the following error
Code:
Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

Firmware Version:
3.16.9 Build 151022 Rel.39085n
Hardware Version:
WR802N v1 00000000

Hello everyone.

I have the Chinese version of the Tp link wr802n, with the same firmware and the same hardware. When i try to flash the binary, i get the same error.
Also, i tried this method that uses tftp to upload the firmware and i checked with wireshark, the router requests nothing.

This being said, it doesn't suprise me that it doesn't work, because the binary of these dd-wrt and openwrt files don't match in size the firmware binary provided by the chinese tp-link website.
(The one provided by the english (US ?) website has the same size but can't be uploaded through the web interface. It returns an error).

So i need a binary with a size of 4063744 bytes, while the firmware provided with openwrt or ddwrt is 3932160 bytes.

These sizes match strangely the sizes that you can find on this page:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd

This suggests that in the binary provided by tplink with the bigger size, there is also a bootloader embeded.

Would someone be kind enough to explain me how to build a binary with the bootloader (ddwrt or openwrt) ?
I think that bootloader has to be this breed-qca953x.bin (or equivalent), that they speak about on this chinese forum in the first message.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Miuw on Fri Apr 13, 2018 15:14; edited 2 times in total
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:54    Post subject: Test Files Reply with quote
Try these files on your 802N Chinese version. You forgot to mention if you had version 1 or version 2, so I created test files for both. The headers are based off of the factory (TP-Link) files directly from the China TP-Link site, not US or EU site.

BUILDS NOT TESTED.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Miuw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have version I.
Thank you for these files but unfortunately it doesn't work.
I tried something similar with openwrt and also no success.

Last edited by Miuw on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46; edited 1 time in total
Miuw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to check if the md5 checksum is/are correct.

Does someone know on what the checksum is calculated ?
I tried to calculate it by removing the first 512 bytes (0 to offset: 0x200), but it don't find anything that matches.
I found 2 programs on the internet, but i can't compile them, so i had rather do it manually.

Also, i tried to remove the bootloader of the original firmware (everything before offset 0x20200), but strangely i wasn't able to flash the firmware with just this.
(this one: service.tp-link.com.cn/detail_download_2208.html)
So it means, that
- or i did something wrong (possible),
- or it creates a problem of checksum
- or the interface needs the version with the bootloader.

Third and last thing/question:
I was also trying to find out what is the hardware of my router... without opening the box...
I can find some specifications here:
https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr802n
But it looks more for the english version.
Does someone know what is the hardware inside the box of a chinese version ?
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 14:13    Post subject: MD5 Reply with quote
Don't bother checking the MD5 checksum. I don't think one is calculated for any dd-wrt builds. I know the one I modified will come up wrong anyway.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: